Arduino Micro Dmx Receiver

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for some examples of receiving DMX values on Arduino Micro with Max485 or similar. I'm testing different librarys for Arduino Uno and doesn't work for me nothing...Anyone can orienting me a little bit?...

Thanks!

So you did try things? Then you can also post

• Schematic
  • How did you test it? (Which controller etc)
  • Where is the code?
  • What did happen and what did you expect?

My crystal ball is broken so only saying "does not work" doesn't cut the mustard...

Yehaa! Sorry, thanks for the response...:slight_smile:

My controller is an Arduino Micro and i have the max485 chip.

I try to ran with the example available here, with the right wiring and working for me on UNO:
http://www.maxpierson.me/2009/03/20/receive-dmx-512-with-an-arduino/

And also with this another one:

I need to receive a DMX signal for to move servos, but i m looking for a working library or examples tested on the Micro board because i have not familiarity with raw coding, USART, and all things that i'm reading for now..

Thanks @septillion :wink:

I have used the Mathertel library many times and it always works a treat, I have made my own adaptations of it so it doesnt need to work as a library.

You need to find ways of debugging..
Set an LED on the Micro board when a specific value appears over DMX
Force feed whatever servo library you have with values to move the servo
then somehow combine the two...

Do not cross-post, cross-posting wastes time.
Duplicate deleted.

mcnobby:
I have used the Mathertel library many times and it always works a treat, I have made my own adaptations of it so it doesnt need to work as a library.

You need to find ways of debugging..
Set an LED on the Micro board when a specific value appears over DMX
Force feed whatever servo library you have with values to move the servo
then somehow combine the two...

Thanks! @mcnobby, is good that i have feedback from a user. There are not examples on the internet working clear with the Micro. I gonna try a little and them i tell you which is the trouble..

I know how debug this, thanks, now i have working all the stuffs of my code/device, only i have problems with the DMX receiving.

AWOL:
Do not cross-post, cross-posting wastes time.
Duplicate deleted.

Ok i know...my apologies. I was trying to delete the first post when I saw it was not the right place but...thanks!

I had posted a long reply to the other thread that got deleted and cannot be bothered to type it all again so the short answer is. Look for a DMX receive library that works with the Leonardo as this is basically what the Micro is.

Riva:
I had posted a long reply to the other thread that got deleted and cannot be bothered to type it all again so the short answer is. Look for a DMX receive library that works with the Leonardo as this is basically what the Micro is.

Thanks Riva! Do you have a direct link of this library?

Hey!

Good news, now is working on my Arduino Micro. Finaly i'm using the Mathertel library only in receive mode.

Thanks!

Hi, i know this is an old post but would you mind sharing how you got it working with the micro? Thanks

FedxE:
Hi, i know this is an old post but would you mind sharing how you got it working with the micro? Thanks

As mentioned already in this thread you use the mathertel DMXSerial library. It works well with Leonardo (32U4) boards.