Arduino mega 2560 no longer detected

Hi,

I've had an ardunio mega 2560 for about 6 weeks and it was working fine. Then a few days ago, literally over night, it stopped working. It runs the sketch on it, except for a few things, but neither of two computers are detecting it. The IDE is not either. The board is getting power and there doesn't seem to be any obvious problems with the board. Can anybody help?

omarhussein:
Hi,

I've had an ardunio mega 2560 for about 6 weeks and it was working fine. Then a few days ago, literally over night, it stopped working. It runs the sketch on it, except for a few things, but neither of two computers are detecting it. The IDE is not either. The board is getting power and there doesn't seem to be any obvious problems with the board. Can anybody help?

When you plug it, the OS detects a USB device?

eried:

omarhussein:

When you plug it, the OS detects a USB device?

No it does not

Not even an error? for sure the small 8u2 or 16u2 has some issues, try to boot it in DFU mode to check if is still alive

Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner. (Time difference).

eried:
Not even an error? for sure the small 8u2 or 16u2 has some issues, try to boot it in DFU mode to check if is still alive

How do I do this?

Reset the board and touch the 2 pads with an screwdriver. You may search more details in the reference, or in google

I have the same problem. Has anybody find the solution of this problem?

Mine has just come back to life.