Go Down

Topic: fatal error: LiquidCrystal_I2C.h: No such file or directory - Help! (Read 9335 times) previous topic - next topic

shiftline

Hi Guys, i seem to be going crazy here as i can not get my code to compile with #include <LiquidCrystal_I2C.h>

On compile i get the error:

Chauvet16.ino:24:31: fatal error: LiquidCrystal_I2C.h: No such file or directory
 #include <LiquidCrystal_I2C.h>
                               ^

I can 100% confirm the file exits in C:\Users\Dev\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal_I2C.h

Why is the arduino compiler not seeing it?

bperrybap

So now you need to confirm the location of your sketchbook directory.
Look in the preferences in the IDE and verify that your sketchbook directory matches where you have created the "libraries" directory.

shiftline

Yes the sketchbook folder points to the root of the folder containing my sketch and the libraries folder.   Im still baffled at this library and why the compiler cant "see"it

bperrybap

Yes the sketchbook folder points to the root of the folder containing my sketch and the libraries folder.
So  you are saying that the IDE preference "Sketchbook location" is set to:
C:\Users\Dev\Documents\Arduino

Im still baffled at this library and why the compiler cant "see"it
It isn't a compiler issue. The IDE tells the gcc compiler where to look.
Turn on verbose mode in the IDE and then post all the output of a build. That will show all the directories that the IDE is telling the compiler to look in.

floresta

I can 100% confirm the file exits in C:\Users\Dev\Documents\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal_I2C.h
They seem to have restructured the library structure (among other things) in recent versions of the IDE.

Have you considered putting the library in the recommended location?  Check this out -->  Installing Additional Arduino Libraries

Don

Go Up