arduino +100Mhz radio jammer

Jamming or causing "Willful Interference" to another radio signal for any reason has always been illegal.
IT is also illegal to unintentionally jam any radio transmission for any reason.
There are exceptions to the law but the applicable scope is so narrow that they aren't worth mentioning.

I am getting great chuckles that anyone over the age of 10 years of age would except what is said on any Wiki page when it comes to laws. I do not think the I read on Wiki-XYZ would be a very strong defense, at least not strong enough to bet on.

But hey go for it! You could be setting precedents and if not you may get to meet a bunch of people that you normally don't in your normal walks of life.

I except most of what is on the net until I do checking, except for certain sites which I do accept.

Best let him make the jammer. Then who ever he is jamming can report him to the FCC and they can argue it from their.

He still hasn't said why he wants to jam FM stations. I suspect it is to stop some one in his house receiving it, which is not very nice is it?

Grumpy_Mike:
You want to block FM radio from being received in your house. I assume that you just don't want your kids listning to that evil rock and roll music.

I think you meant to say Justin Beiber and clones.

greywolf271:

Grumpy_Mike:
You want to block FM radio from being received in your house. I assume that you just don't want your kids listning to that evil rock and roll music.

I think you meant to say Justin Beiber and clones.

Or depending on the politics of the person receiving either NPR or talk radio.

Yes but basically it is some one trying to impose his will on some one else. Reason will not persuade them and as this person is in the same household the OP wants to resort to technical measures. So basically he is denying the freedom of the other person. It seems like he is keen not to be a slave but keen to impose slavery on others.

It seems like he is keen not to be a slave but keen to impose slavery on others.

I wouldn't be so sure as to goals being totally as stated. We just had another thread about jammers and EMP devices. It might be the same ado/post-ado. I guess it's safer than making bombs....

This is the "Project Guidance" section, so if I picked the wrong band to mess with jamming to learn from then tell me. Dont jump on my case because you dont know US laws or how the country's laws work.

A lot of you are more bent out of shape on RF bands than realizing that some home made circuit's can also outputting interference. How many of you test every circuit you build? 5% of the people on this forum actually test for that, or less?
If the FCC went around checking interference they would find appliances shorting out in homes producing interference. Your PC is one program away from being a jammer, yes its that easy!

Yes they know I have a brass set and the one is bigger then the other two.

S_Flex, you picked the wrong band to mess with jamming to learn from.
I just thought I'd tell you.

S_Flex:
If the FCC went around checking interference they would find appliances shorting out in homes producing interference. Your PC is one program away from being a jammer, yes its that easy!

Just because devices that can be combined and used for illegal actions are freely available, it does not mean those actions suddenly stop being illegal.

Dont jump on my case because you dont know US laws or how the country's laws work.

Are you joking or just stupid?

http://www.fcc.gov/search/results/jamming.
When you can find laws prohibiting sales of such devices with body text that says

Signal jamming devices pose significant risks to public safety and potentially
compromise other radio communications services.

Then you should be able to figure out that building your own is not an 'out'. Whether you buy or build you own gun, if you shoot someone it counts.

Your examples/exceptions are a joke BTW.

If I caused enough interference to be noticed, the FCC would let me know and fine me. That's not guesswork either. My circuits don't run enough power to compete with my open-box PC and it doesn't cause noticeable interference to my TV or radio.
There is such a thing as proportion and in the case of interference it has to reach far enough to be detected to matter. You don't seem to know the difference between what matters and what does not.

Will your jammer be so short-ranged as a normal PC, or short in an appliance or some low power Arduino project I make? Or will it be powerful to jam FM radio signals at any useful distance?

"Mommy I want a cookie."
"Not until you eat your food."
"But cookies ARE food!"

S_Flex:
This is the "Project Guidance" section, so if I picked the wrong band to mess with jamming to learn from then tell me.
Okay, now you're talking. There is an unallocated band between 3kHz and 6kHz. Knock yourself out.

Yes they know I have a brass set and the one is bigger then [sic] the other two.
And pay attention in grammar class this term.

S_Flex:
This is the "Project Guidance" section, so if I picked the wrong band to mess with jamming to learn from then tell me. Dont jump on my case because you dont know US laws or how the country's laws work.

A lot of you are more bent out of shape on RF bands than realizing that some home made circuit's can also outputting interference. How many of you test every circuit you build? 5% of the people on this forum actually test for that, or less?

Yes they know I have a brass set and the one is bigger then the other two.

I'll tell you what S_Flex, I DO work for the FCC as an engineer. You think I don't know the FCC regulations? Here's a list of our field offices. http://transition.fcc.gov/eb/rfo/FieldPhone.html I DARE you to call any one of them and tell them that your little jamming scheme is LEGAL, give them your address, and DEFY them to do something about it.

Since I KNOW that you only "have a brass set" while you are hiding behind what you THINK is the anonymity of a forum posting and would never actually call us, for my part, I'll initiate the process to have our Special Counsel for the Spectrum Enforcement Division get your IP address from the forum moderators, use that to get your REAL name and address from your ISP, and start an investigation based upon your PUBLIC admission regarding carrying out a pre-meditated jamming operation with full knowledge that your actions are both harmful to radio communications and illegal.

I am sick of you coming on this forum and telling the good people of this forum that DO KNOW the FCC regulations, that they are wrong and engaging in your pathetic little saber-rattling tirade of superiority.

I think I can hear them starting to rattle and shrink already :wink:

BulletMagnet83:

I think I can hear them starting to rattle and shrink already :wink:

That's the best macro of a pair of BB's I've ever seen!

From Code of Federal Regulations, title 47, part 15:

§ 15.239 Operation in the band 88-108 MHz.

(a) Emissions from the intentional radiator shall be confined within a band 200 kHz wide centered on the operating frequency. The 200 kHz band shall lie wholly within the frequency range of 88-108 MHz.

(b) The field strength of any emissions within the permitted 200 kHz band shall not exceed 250 microvolts/meter at 3 meters. The emission limit in this paragraph is based on measurement instrumentation employing an average detector.

Elsewhere in part 15 is a requirement that measurements confirming compliance be supplied to the nearest FCC office if the device is not a type-approved commercially produced unit.

If you are in compliance with those regulations, you are set until the first time there's an interference report from anybody. With the second report, it becomes intentional interference. The default fine is $4,000 per monitored transmission.

Is that sufficiently concise to end the shouting match?

I doubt it because he does not believe that that particular law applies to him. He believes that something at state level trumps that law. He is taking freedom of believe to a level that is beyond belief.

Grumpy_Mike:

He is taking freedom of believe to a level that is beyond belief.

The highest level of which is just plain ignorance.