does anyone use jumpers on clothing?

i am looking to add ports to my lilypad pcbs so i can make my shirt more modular and not sew every connection into place. has anyone integrated jumper cables like these (with female connections)?

I think you should use thin gauge wire than these so they get meshed in your clothing, using standard jumper wire's is not the in thing i suppose you can also use TIN wire's with tape wrapped on them to insulate so that you can give them a direction and they will stay as it is.

thank you. yes i was pointed in this direction of using tin wire and it looks like a great option. i am going to add connectivity using little pin headers and sockets to make the paths a little more modular.

the only problem with tin wire i can see so far is that it can get tangled easily, and bunches up in spots (making mini hooks).

the only problem with tin wire i can see so far is that it can get tangled easily, and bunches up in spots (making mini hooks).

I think i have remedy to it too, you can sew the tin wire at places where you feel like is needed to hold it to the clothing in the desired position, smoothen up the rough edges of these tin wire's from extreme ends.

i might going the route of making little felt modules with the ports on them. nothing would be sewed down but i know that the tin can be used this way. would love to know any more ideas from people doing something similar!

You can always you thin strips of iron-on conductive fabric. The only thing you will have to sew would be the connection from the fabric to the Lilypad PCB.

You can always you thin strips of iron-on conductive fabric.

Show samples of this iron-on conductive fabrics may be web links?

i agree, would be nice to know more about them. also anywhere to buy them in toronto ?

mrtunes: you can buy conductive fabric in Toronto at Creatron Inc: Contact Us - Creatron Inc

To an Englishman such as myself, a jumper is clothing 8)