Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Project Guidance / Re: Prototype works, now what?
Last post by vinceherman - Today at 09:50 pm
I have been considering a pitot and 2 sensors for an air speed indicator on RC planes. What did you use?
I'm not putting myself on a pedestal above anybody. I am simply frustrated with this project and am looking for an easy answer. I apologize if I came off as a jackass. I have many other programming projects that I am working on and this one is taking up valuable time. Below is a pastebin to a version of the code. This one is receiving this compile error...

exit status 1
'getFingerprintEnroll' was not declared in this scope

I have combined many versions already, all with their own unique issues that I have been working out.

I also need to know how to get the alarm to shut down and re-arm after checking for, and finding, a fingerprint match that has been previously stored when the Serial was available.

https://pastebin.com/2HyhP0w8
Project Guidance / Re: Standby home generator con...
Last post by folivier - Today at 09:48 pm
Haven't bought one yet but it will be natural gas since that is available in our neighborhood and other neighbors have them.  It will be outside in south Louisiana so temp is moderate.  Mainly I'm concerned about being away during a hurricane event and power being out for a week or two, which has happened before.  Don't want a generator running until we can get back.

Robin, I hadn't considered the insurance issues but don't think that will be a problem since it will only be between the generator and electric sensor which is standard on standby generators.  I'm only looking at simulating the power being out and back on using a timer and relay.
General Electronics / Re: Educate me. SSR/MOSFET or ...
Last post by Hexen - Today at 09:47 pm
Hi,Pulse what?

Exaclty, so how do you control the controller.

I think you have it in your head that you have to switch the positive side of the valve to control it, you don't have  too.

You connect the positive side of the valve directly to positive supply, then control the controller that switches negative side of the valve to gnd.

Can you post a picture of the valve and controller please?

Can you please tell us your electronics, programming, Arduino, hardware experience?

Thanks.. Tom.. :)
I wired up the power directly to the valve I'm controlling, and passed the ground through the relay (this is how the valve is setup in its original form, with a driver pulsing the ground.
I don't understand why this is so complicated. I just need a DC relay that operates faster than a mechanical one. I tried searching before but every single post was full of people who wanted to make this so insanely complicated that a clear answer was never given.

In my original post I said I'm feeding power directly to the valve and having the ground pulsed.

I AM NOT IN ANY WAY GOING TO EVER USE ANY PART OF THE ORIGINAL CONTROLLER WITH THE VALVES. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT I AM TRYING TO SIMPLY PULSE A VALVE WITH AN ARDUINO. PLEASE STOP ASKING ABOUT THE ORIGINAL CONTROLLER.

The original controller is $25,000 unit designed to control MANY MANY input/outputs at once. The valve I'm trying to control is a small part of the equation. I want ZERO affiliation with the original controller in any way.

The valve is an industrial cooling valve. No part numbers. No data sheets. No manufacturer stamp. Its a 14 ohm coil that operates under 12v in most circumstances.

Combining Arduino Sketches
This is often difficult. Here is an approach that may help you be successful:

http://arduino-info.wikispaces.com/CombiningArduinoSketches
Ok thanks guys useful stuff sorry for the long replay been in the military base for the last week

So if a MOSFET is specified to be of a Vgs -20V I can't work with -12V volt with it?

Generale / Re: Aiuto su resistenza per pe...
Last post by Kev734 - Today at 09:44 pm
"Excusatio non petita, accusatio manifesta" :D

Va beh, almeno sei stato onesto ;) ... risposte ne hai ricevute ... ti serve sapere ancora qualche cosa ?

Guglielmo
Grazie per la clemenza.  ;)

Se possibile, solo la conferma di quanto detto da MatteoDerrico: che non rischio di bruciare i 3 led se non metto la resistenza da 5,6 ohm.

P.S.: Tornero' presto con domande per realizzare con arduino il progetto del gioco "disattiva la bomba" visto al maker faire  ;D
Project Guidance / Re: Prototype works, now what?
Last post by Curious_John - Today at 09:42 pm
Hi Robin, no safety issues involved. I should have clarified, it's an airspeed indicator for wingsuiters. I'm an airline pilot in my regular job so I know about that stuff.

I'm more looking for guidance on what type of professional one approaches to further a design. Maybe it's as easy as contacting a professor/instructor at a technical college.

I think my idea has legs, but perhaps the cost would outweigh what I could sell it for. I'd just like to find out how to proceed.

Cheers

John
Generale / Re: Interrupts e delay
Last post by GianlucaB - Today at 09:42 pm
Intanto grazie per la risposta,
L'interrupt è programmato su rising, in quanto il pulsante quando premuto porta a +5V il pin, quindi non catturo un fronte di discesa, ma attivo l'interrupt quando int0 va a 5V

Il discorso comunque non cambia, perchè come hai giustamente detto, il pulsante quando premuto, ha la brutta abitudine di generare quella sequenza in on-off prima di stabilizzarsi completamente su on, quindi anche catturando il fronte di discesa avrei comunque lo stesso problema.

Quando utilizzavo i pic,  ho sempre utilizzato un timer impostato a 50ms per risolvere il problema, cioè eseguo le mie istruzioni, poi attendo un 50ms per far stabilizzare il pulsante, e a quel punto sono pronto per riattivare l'interrupt.

A questo punto però non ho ancora capito come procedere,oltre ad un antirimbalzo hardware, esiste una un altra soluzione?

Grazie.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10