Go Down

Topic: send data to GSM using a web interface  (Read 304 times) previous topic - next topic

Niconnexion

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if it's possible to send data to my GSM shield (SIM800h) using a web interface.

I ofen see examples about how to send data to a web interface in various examples on the web, but I didn't find any example about how to send data from a web interface to a GSM shield.

My goal is not really to control the GSM, rather giving it some commands intended to other componants like a BLE shield using the serial bus.

I don't really know if it's possible..

Thank you !

hugo007

The first thing that came to my mind is SIM800 working with MQTT to accomplish that ...
Debian,Mint,Ubuntu
Arduino Mega 2560
Arduino Nano
Arduino Duemilanove
MAC OS Montain Lion
Raspberry PI Model B

Niconnexion

:o

Well... I didn't get a single word of this library x)
What is this ? How i'm supposed to use this ?

It's like bizarre new stuff  :)

hugo007

It's like bizarre new stuff  :)
It's a great telemetry protocol develop by IBM and is open source now.You should spend some time discovering it because it will blow your mind when you understand it and see the possibilities it can give you in the IoT world.
Debian,Mint,Ubuntu
Arduino Mega 2560
Arduino Nano
Arduino Duemilanove
MAC OS Montain Lion
Raspberry PI Model B

Niconnexion

May 19, 2017, 03:34 pm Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 04:10 pm by Niconnexion
I'll seriously consider it !
Do you really think it will allow me to control all other componants via the serial bus ?
Just by sending stuff to my GSM via Internet ?
Because I see a lot of posts about GSM as publisher and user as subscriber but not GSM as subscriber... I'm not even sure if it will be possible so if you have any idea i'll listen :p

Hm powerfull bizarre new stuff anyway.

hugo007

May 19, 2017, 06:41 pm Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 06:42 pm by hugo007
MQTT will allow you to publish messages from a MQTT broker (the server - could be node-red, mosquitto ... ) to any device in the world (your SIM800 with a gprs connection) that  subscribes and act when a new  message arrive in a specific topic.The idea is your SIM800 act  like a Internet bridge and your device implements the mqtt client.
When you send a message from  the server your client will call a callback function where inside you can do anything you want from the other side of the globe if you want.
See this:
https://elementztechblog.wordpress.com/2016/07/18/arduino-mqtt-library-for-sim800-gsm-modem/comment-page-1/ 
Debian,Mint,Ubuntu
Arduino Mega 2560
Arduino Nano
Arduino Duemilanove
MAC OS Montain Lion
Raspberry PI Model B

Go Up