Arduino Uno + Arduino Ethernet Shield

Hello folks,

I'm pretty new to the Arduino setup. Just got my Arduino Uno and now am thinking about getting the Ethernet Shield to expand the number of applications I can do. My question is: Is the Arduino Uno and Ethernet Shield compatible? In the link http://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoEthernetShield, it doesn't list the Uno as one of the boards compatible with the micro SD card slot. Also, since it seems like sparkfun.com doesn't have the Ethernet Shield in stock, I wanted to get it on amazon.com. However, should I be worried about the board version? How can I tell if I am getting the most up-to-date hardware? I don't see any version numbers on the board itself.

Thanks!

The Arduino Ethernet shield works fine with my Unos, SD as well as Ethernet. I got the shield from Adafruit, looks like she has them in stock now. I'm not real clear on versions of this shield. There have been a couple posts where folks seems to have got clones, not sure where they came from or how they worked. I'd think you'd be OK if you stick with a well-known and reputable dealer.