Go Down

Topic: can a USB Modem work with a USB host shield? (Read 372 times) previous topic - next topic

Frédéric_Plante

Jan 03, 2014, 04:30 am Last Edit: Jan 03, 2014, 07:34 am by Frédéric_Plante Reason: 1
I need to include a modem to my project, but I must have access to many copy. These day, forget about the rs-232 version they are getting rare like the pope poop. ;)

So I found those

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/USB-Fax-Modem-56K-Dial-up-Voice-Data-External-V-90-V-92-For-Windows-98SE/697565588.html

It seem to be a "Conexant SoftK56 Data Fax Modem"

There are zillion of copys avalable so on this aspect i'm ok, but according to expert, what are the ode that I can make it work with the shield? All I care about is the data sending feature. Basically I want to be able to do ATA and ATDT666. I really don't care for the voice option.
As we fight our way northward into the great unknown, only that one thing remains certain...

Frédéric_Plante

I'm basically asking if some one who has a USB modem and a USB host shield could try them togeter. And post me the result of ther expériment.
As we fight our way northward into the great unknown, only that one thing remains certain...

Go Up