Color Laserjet encoder

I'll salvaged two 3 wire laserjet encoders the other day. I've searched the Internet for their pin outs, but cannot find any information. I'd like to test one of them using a home made encoder wheel, but don't know the pin out. Does anyone on the board know anything about these? There are no identifying marks on either of these.

Thanks,
Cris

you would look at the shematic for that printer. What model and area was it romoved from.

copiertalk:
you would look at the shematic for that printer. What model and area was it romoved from.

redtank, I think copiertalk meant that as a question, in that s/he wants you to supply the information on what model the printer was, and from what area the encoder was removed from.

copiertalk has helped me in the past (IIRC) with a particular laser printer control panel that I picked up used and was unable to find the information for. In short order, I was informed of the pinout and proper communications protocol to use the LCD and buttons on the panel.

I can't guarantee that you'll get the same response, but if anyone had the information, copiertalk would be my first contact...

Good luck!

:slight_smile:

Thank you all for the replies. I ended up doing some homework with my DMM on the leads coming out of the sensor trying to establish the anode, cathode and output. Upon testing the sensor with my Gator +, I was able to figure out that these little gems are not going to answer to my dreams. I just need to bite the bullet and spend some money on a quadrature output encoder.

Cris