Garmin HUD + Google Map = Garminuino

My favorite navigation tool is Google Map, and Garmin HUD is playing a good role for navigation info HUD.
But Google Map don't support any HUD, Garmin HUD cannot support Google Map , either.

So I want to combine them, I named it Garminuino.
I worked it for my spare time, so I don't have text to description how to do it (but I'm work on it now)

You can show Google Map navigation info on Garmin HUD.

You can see a simple demo for Garminuino on Youtube
Garminuino demo on Youtube

I also created a github page for this project:
Garminuino on Github

On github, you can see update info for Garminuino, but nobody know this site now.
So I want promote my project, and hope anybody who interest this can communicate with me(on this forum).

Below is a Gaminuino's initial concept, but implement had slight different:

This is block diagram for now implement:

This prototype for Garminuino:

I plan to create a PCB recently, it can enhance the reliable, and help anyone want to build it.

Thanks for your reading.

skyforce

Hi Skyforce,

This is a very interesting project, keep up the good work!

I am working on an optical system that can eliminate the double reflection shown on the windshield. All commercial products use a reflective film that one has to stick to the windshield and even then the double reflection is not completely eliminated. Here is a snapshot I took at night

A combination of what you are working on and what I am doing could potentially be a great product.

I am curious if instead of showing information on the Garmin you could connect a bunch of LEDs to the arduino. This way you don't depend on the Garmin device, which I understand is discontinued and the final device is cheaper to make.

Here is an example of a similar idea:

The notifications from Google Maps are sent directly to Pebble watch.

What is the CAN Bus bluetooth device you use? I don't see a parts list in your original post

nikosb:
Hi Skyforce,

This is a very interesting project, keep up the good work!

I am working on an optical system that can eliminate the double reflection shown on the windshield. All commercial products use a reflective film that one has to stick to the windshield and even then the double reflection is not completely eliminated. Here is a snapshot I took at night

A combination of what you are working on and what I am doing could potentially be a great product.

I am curious if instead of showing information on the Garmin you could connect a bunch of LEDs to the arduino. This way you don't depend on the Garmin device, which I understand is discontinued and the final device is cheaper to make.

Here is an example of a similar idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUCBY6ToNPY

The notifications from Google Maps are sent directly to Pebble watch.

Yes, Garmin HUD is discontinued, but this mechanism can adapt to other devices.

Likes Pebble watch you provide, Mi Band Maps is a same concept app:

I plan this app can connect to a DIY or cheap HUD device for more application.

skyforce