mini RTOS [sic]

Hi mem,

As we'd say in Australia - you beauty, all sorted! :smiley:

I've read so many threads where you've helped others, on matters MUCH more complicated than mine. It's a rare thing for someone to be able to provide assistance so happily and helpfully to beginners and 'experts' alike; your parents would be proud! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help, and I'm sure I'll have more questions as my project matures. FYI, the project goes something like this:

• A remote automated camera system to take photos of key wetlands once or twice a day
  • Using a Canon Powershot A720 consumer camera, with modified firmware (see CHDK Wiki | Fandom for more info - I'm sure there are people here who would be interested in what the CHDK community has achieved)
  • Thermistor to monitor enclosure temperature, and operate fans when required
  • DS1307 mini-board (DS1307 Real Time Clock Mini Board) for RTC
  • Arduino to control fans, camera power & solenoid to turn camera on at specific times
    Believe it or not, this is all part of a WORK project, so I get to spend my time playing with Arduino & all sorts of other fun bits & pieces; I'm LIVING the tinkering philosophy! :sunglasses:

Thanks again for your help, that sketch has compiled happily under 0012. Tomorrow I'll start working on how to integrate this with the rest of the code I've pulled together - hopefully my DS1307 board isn't far away!