How to run Arduino on Visual Studio C#?

I already have visualmicro working on Visual Studio and Arduino software.

Do I add the .ino in my C# project on VS or upload it from Arduino software? VS gives an error "No Source Available" if I don't add.

Do I debug my C# on VS after I upload .ino? Or how?

I really don't know where to debug and upload .ino and the C# project and the processes. But I've got some sample codes.

Why not simply use the Arduino IDE? It has built in debugging that works pretty well already, why make something harder than it needs to be.

Im working on Kinect WPF to control Arduino.

How do you want the kinect and the Arduino to communicate?

• serial
  • ethernet
  • wifi
  • intermediate PC (my guess)

In the past there was a VS integration for Arduino discussed here.
If you search - in the upper right corner - you should be able to find relevant threads.

ookid: Why not simply use the Arduino IDE? It has built in debugging that works pretty well already,

@ookid , What sort of build in debugging are you using in the Arduino IDE ?. I'm always interested in better ways of debugging with arduino.

I have just installed it again after they upgraded the Debugger plugin.

sounds like you need to go into the visual studio options and set the INO and PDE extensions so that it knows to use them.
it is explained on the visual micro website.

http://www.visualmicro.com/post/2011/10/09/How-to-fix-Arduino-code-color-coding-fails-in-Visual-Studio-when-a-file-first-opens.aspx
http://www.visualmicro.com/post/2011/10/04/How-to-test-a-new-installation-of-Arduino-for-Visual-Studio.aspx

I know why you dont want to use the arduino IDE
even if the others dont get it + because we can

AS I SAID ABOVE I'M WORKING ON KINECT SDK TO CONTROL AN ARDUINO. Where do I put the .ino project? in VS solution with .csproj or where? I have a .csproj contains Kinect code to control the input to the arduino. I also have .ino for the arduino. But how do I relate the .csproj and .ino?
Not to set up and the communication (cable/ethernet) is not a problem.

robtillaart:
In the past there was a VS integration for Arduino discussed here.
If you search - in the upper right corner - you should be able to find relevant threads.

Thank you. I found the forum for visual micro and registered. How do I mark your message as the answer?

There are some youtube tutorials on the main Visual Micro page, here is a beginners tutorial.