Highly Anticipated 32-bit "Due" due When?

noted. they're fixing it.. you know it's the excitement of the moment :slight_smile:

m

Yes, big day for you guys.

Rob

Anyway well done in getting it out. I think it marks a new phase in the development of the Arduino project. Looking forward to it. :slight_smile:

@Grumpy_Mike

we're going to send one to each forum moderator and top contributors, so we'll be in touch about your shipping address :slight_smile:

m

:smiley: Are you serious :smiley:

Best regards
Jantje

yes. give us time to finish the launch :slight_smile:

Congratulations on the launch. Its good to see a hardware page, stock in the shop, and availability on a couple of online retailers, and its still only a couple of hours after the launch (which seemed to be at noon, western Europe time).

Also congratulations on the prominent warning about compatibility with 5V shields.

Congratulations! I know how much work this is....

When you have a moment, please remember set the github repository to public, and update the "source code to the Arduino software is hosted by GitHub" link. Currently the link points to the 1.0.1 IDE source.

Paul
Thanks for sharing this.
I was looking for the code and only found old info. It made me think my knowledge of github is less than I thought. 8)
Best regards
Jantje

The repo opens later today. there are a couple of blog posts that have to be released before

m

Great. There's no hurry, at least not from me. Just wanted to make sure you knew about it.

I see the schematic is now online. :slight_smile:

There's a very interesting 14 pin Ethernet RMII connector on the schematic, which I can't seem to locate anywhere in the photo. An ethernet shield using the RMII interface would be pretty nice (with a good library), rather than the W5100's rather inefficient SPI-based protocol.

I also noticed there's a new 4 pin debug header with nice, large 0.1 inch spacing, and the (way too small) 10 pin ARM debug is on the schematic, but not populated in the photo.

The 16U2 is no big surprise, but it's nice to see it controls both the erase and reset pins. Presumably it'll have slightly different firmware than the Uno version, to sequence the erase pin?

Something I didn't see on the schematic or in the photo is the Atmel dataflash chip that was present on the developer beta test boards. I guess it's safe to say that didn't make it to the final design?

These aren't urgent questions... just me thinking out loud about initial impressions seeing the schematic and a high-res photo for the very first time.

Arduino Due now available for order at Mouser (A000062)! Small quantity on the way with a large order coming in November.

-Tim

Arduino Due now available for order at Mouser (A000062)! Small quantity on the way with a large order coming in November.

-Tim

Just went to your link - I'm assuming the 36.99 price I saw was wrong.

In all seriousness, congratulations to the Arduino team for releasing the Due on time as committed at the World Maker Faire.

Would Arduino care to share future plans? Python based programming? Single board computer? We won't hold you to any dates this early on.

meanpc:

-Tim

Just went to your link - I'm assuming the 36.99 price I saw was wrong.

It may not be wrong. Mouser often has cheaper prices than anywhere else for Arduinos. Arduino Mega2560 for ~39.00 USD: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Arduino/A000067/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMt0re6d%252b2Rx9v%252bc%252bQEIaOW9

It may not be wrong. Mouser often has cheaper prices than anywhere else for Arduinos. Arduino Mega2560 for ~39.00 USD: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Arduino/A000067/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMt0re6d%252b2Rx9v%252bc%252bQEIaOW9

Well, for 39.99 I couldn't resist. Just put one on order - site is showing them on backorder. Hopefully it won't be too long. Thanks for the info guys.

More expensive now, must be the currency conversion. I noticed they have a 6 week factory lead time.

randomvibe:
In all seriousness, congratulations to the Arduino team for releasing the Due on time as committed at the World Maker Faire.

LOL. Depends on which Maker Faire you're referring to: 2011 or 2012...

pYro_65:
More expensive now, must be the currency conversion.

??? Mouser is still showing $36.49 for 1, $35.95 for 10, $35.29 for 100.

USD$36.49 = AUD$35.39 at today's exchange rate (1 AUD = 1.031 USD).

I think these are more realistic prices, FWIW. USD$49 struck me as a bit overpriced, given today's competitive offerings.