Highly Anticipated 32-bit "Due" due When?

Arduino Due now available for order at Mouser (A000062)! Small quantity on the way with a large order coming in November.

-Tim

Arduino Due now available for order at Mouser (A000062)! Small quantity on the way with a large order coming in November.

-Tim

Just went to your link - I'm assuming the 36.99 price I saw was wrong.

In all seriousness, congratulations to the Arduino team for releasing the Due on time as committed at the World Maker Faire.

Would Arduino care to share future plans? Python based programming? Single board computer? We won't hold you to any dates this early on.

meanpc:

-Tim

Just went to your link - I'm assuming the 36.99 price I saw was wrong.

It may not be wrong. Mouser often has cheaper prices than anywhere else for Arduinos. Arduino Mega2560 for ~39.00 USD: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Arduino/A000067/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMt0re6d%252b2Rx9v%252bc%252bQEIaOW9

It may not be wrong. Mouser often has cheaper prices than anywhere else for Arduinos. Arduino Mega2560 for ~39.00 USD: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Arduino/A000067/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMt0re6d%252b2Rx9v%252bc%252bQEIaOW9

Well, for 39.99 I couldn't resist. Just put one on order - site is showing them on backorder. Hopefully it won't be too long. Thanks for the info guys.

More expensive now, must be the currency conversion. I noticed they have a 6 week factory lead time.

randomvibe:
In all seriousness, congratulations to the Arduino team for releasing the Due on time as committed at the World Maker Faire.

LOL. Depends on which Maker Faire you're referring to: 2011 or 2012...

pYro_65:
More expensive now, must be the currency conversion.

??? Mouser is still showing $36.49 for 1, $35.95 for 10, $35.29 for 100.

USD$36.49 = AUD$35.39 at today's exchange rate (1 AUD = 1.031 USD).

I think these are more realistic prices, FWIW. USD$49 struck me as a bit overpriced, given today's competitive offerings.

Don't know which page you were looking at, but I see:

Pricing (AUD)
1: $66.08
10: $64.30
100: $63.19

How about a couple of URLs, because when I go to "mouser" I wind up at au.mouser.com, maybe pico gets us.mouser.com or something.

Rob

Graynomad:
How about a couple of URLs, because when I go to "mouser" I wind up at au.mouser.com, maybe pico gets us.mouser.com or something.

Rob

The price has went up since the day of the announcement. It was 36.49 USD according to my e-mail receipt. Hope they don't raise the price I have to pay after the fact.

cyclegadget:

Graynomad:

Rob

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Arduino/A000062/?qs=%2Fha2pyFaduiX3PyRmisFCpInBriEvfL876nY6z6rlhpKcLZlrhdRtA%3D%3D

The price has went up since the day of the announcement. It was 36.49 USD according to my e-mail receipt. Hope they don't raise the price I have to pay after the fact.

That link redirects me to mouser.be, price there is €40.36. And that is without tax, so I must add another 21% + shipping.

Here is the current pricing on the USA version of the site.

1: 	$48.95 	
10: 	$47.63 	
100: 	$46.81

It seems you can't get away from where you are, the link redirects me to au.mouser.com with these AUD prices

$66.08
$64.30
$63.19

$39 shipping
$105.08 total

Yikes!

Unfortunately I won't be getting one any time soon at that price :frowning:

Rob

@GRAYnomad

Is there a way to get around the price problem by having someone from the USA buy then ship to you or is it just the way the currencies work out? I am thinking it probably won't help but, it is a thought.

According to Google...
48.95 US dollars = 47.3221 Australian dollars
66.08 AUD = 68.3664 USD

If I buy them at 48.95, fly to Australia, sell them at 66.08, I would get 19.4164 (USD) per board. Hmm. What's the carry-on limit? 50 pounds? I wonder how many boards that is?

48.95 US dollars = 37.7322 euros
40.36 EUR = 52.3510 USD

Not as lucrative but it may pay for the plane ticket.

or is it just the way the currencies work out?

The AUS has been higher than the USD for a long time, so they should be cheaper here, not ~30% more :0

We normally get the "we have to ship them all the way to Australia" BS line but it's just as far from Italy to the US as it is to Aus. Heck I reckon Mouser is such a large customer UPS/Fedex almost pay them to do the shipping.

Is there a way to get around the price problem by having someone from the USA buy then ship to you

That would work, we'll see how things are after the dust settles. I've got some LPC code I wouldn't mind porting across, but it's not a priority at this point and I have other things to work on.

Rob

50 pounds? I wonder how many boards that is?

A lot, let me know the flight # and I'll meet you at the airport :0

Rob

I don't know about you guys, but after reading the stuff in the Due forum and elsewhere on the internet, I'm very disappointed by the new Due. No ethernet header, no RTC support yet, only 2 IRQs... I know this will be added soon but it sounds to me like it was still released too soon. There is already talk of future boards with additional hardware features (like ethernet) being released. I have cancelled my order and will continue to use the Uno and Mega for a while. Mostly because I have 20 or so shields I built or purchased that won't work with the Due without level translators (what a pain).

Bill

Bajdi:
That link redirects me to mouser.be, price there is €40.36. And that is without tax, so I must add another 21% + shipping.

It takes me to uk.mouser.com and gives me content in English and prices in Euro (40,38 €) but with the French-style decmal separator ("," rather than ".") :astonished: so think it is storing language and currency preferences in cookies.