Arduino uno does not recognize serial port

Hi all, i already have an arduino uno but i can't select the serial port in the software, i tried in other computers and with another usb cable, it doesn't even appear the unknow device icon. drivers? i don't think so because i've worked with another arduinos boards and it works fine, but when i conect the board turns on the leds, i don't know how to fix this. if you have any solutions please help me :confused: .

Which UNO, original or clone? Especially USB chip is important. Is it ATmega? The firmware can missing if ATmega.

Budvar10:
Which UNO, original or clone? Especially USB chip is important. Is it ATmega? The firmware can missing if ATmega.

Thanks for answer, it is the original one man.

So you have two UNO boards. One works with the computer and usb cable, but the second one does not?

Has the second one ever worked? Is it newly ordered? Can you give the URL of where you ordered it?

I've been able to sort this out in the past by unhooking the cable from the USB port (at the computer, not just the hub) and do a restart. I've noticed in the IDE that when I use a USB hub and am repeatedly plugging and unplugging, the computer "forgets" the hub. At that point no USB shows up.

Hope this helps.

Both arduinos came from the same page, the site it's electrocrea, the owner is my school mate, this arduino it was working for two weeks but suddenly this happened.

"this arduino it was working for two weeks but suddenly this happened."
If it worked, and now does not, it sounds like you made some changes, and/or damaged it.

1. Is it still running the last script that uploaded successfully?
  2. If you have it attached to other devices/loads , disconnect everything and try to connect the usb to it.
  3. What power supply are you using on both units? Check the voltage with a DVM, what does the 5v read?