sourcing parts help

michael040990:
im not sure if this is the right place to ask but as for parts i am looking to get a bunch of potentiometers and knobs can anyone help me find a decent quality at a verry cheap price im not sure were to look if i were to order 60 the prices i see are like 2-3 bucks a peace thats 180 bucks anyhelp with links or places that you use to find parts at a decent price would be great thanks

For knobs, order direct from China factory. Markup on knobs by distributors/retailers are ridiculous. If ordered from factory, you can get for less than $1 for a large, solid aluminum milled knob. The same knob would go for $7-10 with US distributors.

For pots... it depends. These are mechanical things, you get what you pay for. You can get a carbon pots for a few cents... while $2-3 for a conductive plastic Bourns is a very good price. $5 for a Bourns CP pot with metal shaft is also a good price. Or get one of those non-branded cheap carbon China pots for a few cents. The Bourns CP pots for example lasts decades without any loss in performance or becomes scratchy, even with old age.