Arduino Guru needed to help our R&D

Hello All,

We are in need of an Arduino guru to support our R&D efforts.

We are based in Leighton Buzzard, UK and are working on an R&D project to detect faults in electric motors. It's made good progress thus far, but we have been using off the shelf hardware and we are hitting limitations with this.

It's become evident that Arduino is the way to go, but none of us on the team have any experience (our expertise is electrical and mechanical engineering) and we need to make progress quickly.

The key things we are trying to do are:

• Signal processing (FFT)
  • Data logging
  • Data analysis

We need help both setting up some prototypes and training our team, either full-time or a few days a week for at least a month. Potential to convert to a permanent job if of interest and it goes well.

If anyone is interested please DM me for more info or discussion.

Thanks!

Barry

barryn:
It's become evident that Arduino is the way to go, but none of us on the team have any experience (our expertise is electrical and mechanical engineering) and we need to make progress quickly.

how did you come to this conclusion if you don't know the platform?

for example small arduinos are not good at FFT if you need lots of data points and complex Data analysis due to limited memory and frequency.

You probably need to give a bit more details about the sampling constraints and how reactive you want the system to be (ie is it "real time" monitoring and logging ?) to understand if it's that evident arduino is the answer. (or could give a hint to what type of Arduino would be needed)

Forgot about this post, then rediscovered it as the need has reared it's head again!

In summary, we've done some sampling on the signals using MKRZero's, and got great results. Running algorithms on the data harvested is showing >90% success.

I'm a bit limited on the info I can post here, but whilst Arduino has it's limitations, for the project we have it is really helpful.

Hope that helps?

(P.S. Please DM me if you are interested in the role!)