bcd in / waveshield out ?

OK I have got the Holtek decoding working, and I can latch in the wireless push button numbers ( 1-9 ) in a variable called "track"

I hope I haven't taken too much memory, I am using 9 look up lines to convert the 4 digit bcd to a single number.

I also have the momentary valid transmission "valid" whenever a new ( or the same ) transmitter button is pressed.

I now need to play one of 9 messages from the SD card in my mockup of a Waveshield.

I have looked at a few examples, but I want it to queue, i.e. if a second request comes in while its playing the current message ( each about 3 seconds long ) it must finish the current message, then play the next track.

There is a nine message player at
http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1230434365 but apart from the card checking, its not commented on, and I don't know what bits to omit or change.

Any suggestions?

I know I should be starting with easier projects, but I have been bragging about the Arduino and its forum, and if I can get this working its going to be a real feather in Arduinos cap :sunglasses: