Trouble installing C++ add on in eclipse

So i want to do my Arduino programing in eclipse and I am having trouble installing the C/C++ enviorment. I am also a webmaster so I use the Java EE install of eclipse to open my website file threw my FTP to make small tweaks in my word press blog. The main thing that sold me on Eclipse was the Fact that I would not have to fool with multiple IDE for different applications. When I attempted to download the C/C++ plugins per cdt/Downloads.md at main · eclipse-cdt/cdt · GitHub with "CDT 8.0.2 for Eclipse Indigo" link as I am using Indigo. I ran into allot of install errors. Only the CDT main features would install smoothly. So to my Final question is do i need the CDT options, TCF, And Uncategorized plugins for the AVR plugin to work Plugin Download - AVR-Eclipse.

As a total noob to any programing I am starting to think this is not the best way to skin the Cat. Eclipse seems to be made primarily for large programming teams to interact easily not necessarily for multiple environments on the same instance. Would there be a better program that could handle .php, .html, .css, and what ever file types i wold be using for Arduino as well. My web programing skill on a scale of 1 to 10 is like a 2 so the automatic CSS validation has already come in handy and helped me catch a missed " or none working line of code.

sakecat
I use 1 eclipse instance for my website, the development of the eclipse plugin and for the the development of my Arduino code.
I have different workspaces though.
The whole idea in eclipse is that you have "perspectives" When I'm developing the plugin I'm in the "plugin development" perspective.
When I'm doing Arduino code I'm in the "C/C++" perspective.
I'm not sure why you have installation issues as I have had none and I'm using indigo as well.

If you are new to all this and are only focused on Arduino I advice you to use my plugin instead of the avr-eclipse.
You can find more info about it at http://eclipse.baeyens.it
Best regards
Jantje

I see it was not clear from my post that i understand the "perspectives" concept of Eclipse. The C/C++ perspective works just fine its the extras that did not install let me show you with a picture. This first picture shows the IDE running the plugin I installed. The second photo with the checked box shows the only part of plugin package that would install without faults. Dose the AVR plugin require any of the "CDT Optional Features" , "TCF" , or "uncategorized" portions to function. Also dose your plugin require any of these portions of the plugin to function. I am taking extra care to not screw up my IDE because I am so green to all this it could be clearly malfunctioning and i would never know. I have also heard that eclipse is a bear to repair once broken.

Capture1.JPG

Capture.JPG

Bump