Finally upgrading to V1 - but what version now ?

Hi guys, this old fart ( still been using v22 ) has finally caught up with his backlog of projects, and I want to move on to V1 of the IDE , but I see we are now on beta V1.5 whatever.

What do you recommend that is stable and easy to switch to ?

Boffin1:
Hi guys, this old fart ( still been using v22 ) has finally caught up with his backlog of projects, and I want to move on to V1 of the IDE , but I see we are now on beta V1.5 whatever.

What do you recommend that is stable and easy to switch to ?

I believe 1.5 is needed if you have a Due. I have an Uno and use 1.0.5. I also own Teensy 3.0's and Digispark's, and both of them provide their environment layered on top of 1.0.x of the Arduino IDE.

You can use the 1.5.x version even if you don't have a Due. I do (and I don't have a Due). It works just fine. And if you happen to find a bug, well that's why it's in beta. :slight_smile: Report it.

I get the impression, rightly or otherwise, that v 1.0.2 is one to avoid.

However I still swap between 0.22 and 1.0.4!

I'm using 1.0.5, just recently downloaded in. Had been 1.0.3 for quite awhile prior to that, skipped 1.0.4

Thanks guys, I use my 2 Duemilenovas to program embedded chips, so I will stick with them for now, and perhaps 1.05 .

I have 1.0.5 on a Duemilanove and an Uno. Had the 2 of them passing serial messages back & forth, so UART part seems to work ok.

Thanks, that's what I will try then, has anyone done a write up on the changes for V1 ? I know you define pullups differently, and NewSoftSerial is now Softserial?

Check the Release notes on the download page.
I2C is different, pullups can still be done the same way. Have not used software serial.

Thanks Robert, sounds like its not too time consuming switching over, I will give it a go.

Yep, just the download time.