Interfacing techniques: Help!!!

I guess i have started the topic at correct place!!!

I have got a neck chocking task here, and that is i hve too make my controller communicate with computer!!!!

sounds damns easy right!! :slight_smile:
But challenge is without using and USB-TTL UART converter IC, means without using any : FT232RL, CP2XXX, PL23XX, MAX232 etc..
means iether i have to re-create/re-design/create the logic which is inside the above mentioned ICs, or
or,
i have to find an other way to make my MCU communicate with my PC!!!

Please give any kinda information for this challenge!!!!!
What could be the way too make the MCU talk to my PC...!!!!!!!

assume any MCU!!!!
But in my case, in my project: MCU=> Atmega328!!!which is UART capable!!!!

Project Desp:( Brief ) Portion of the project is: i have to send some data to computer for some kinda processing on PC side.
Work to do: Make MCU talk to my PC machine.

Challenge: No USB engine ICs( no USB to serial Bridge ICs ).
Intention: To make MCU talking with PC without using USB-TTL converter ICs!!

Plz help!!

Regards!!!!!!
( belated hug day!! :slight_smile: )

You can emulate a usb keyboard with the ATmega328 using V-USB : http://www.obdev.at/products/vusb/index.html
If the computer has a serial port or parallel port or PS/2 port or game port, you could use that.
Or using bluetooth, with a bluetooth dongle in the PC.
Perhaps using ethernet or wifi.

And beside those, you could open a device (like a keyboard or a usb audio stick) and connect your ATmega328 to the circuit board of that device.

Take a look at Metaboard and USBasploader:

https://metalab.at/wiki/Metaboard

Challenge: No USB engine ICs( no USB to serial Bridge ICs ).

Why? USB chips are intended for just this purpose.

hmm...

Thanx for the Metaboard....

Actually.... here, my faculties are asking for not using ready mate ICs and trying to do all from scratch!! :(.

and wifi, bluethooth or any RF etc are not in the scope of my project thats y i need a wired connection to my PC but not using readymate ICs :frowning:

but again one Addition to my project comes as i take a look on METABOARD!!!

Metaboard requires Atmega for simulating.
means in my board there will be one MCU for communication and other MCu which do the rest of the Application side processing...
means total 2 MCU on board!!!!!

hmm....if any other way possible to do cost cutting yet possible talking of MCU to PC, plz post it!!!!

Regards!!!
Hopes are HIGH!!!! == !LOW

Metaboard requires Atmega for simulating.
means in my board there will be one MCU for communication and other MCu which do the rest of the Application side processing...
means total 2 MCU on board!!!!!

No you only need one, and the USBaspLoader instead of the "normal" bootloader.

Atleast that is how I understand it, I haven't actually tried it.

You are correct....

well, then apart from that USBavrbootloader, will that help me in serial communication!!??

means i am not concerned with how should i burn code to MCU without usb driver IC,
i am concern with how to make talk MCu with PC without using any USB driver IC!!!

will that USBavrbootloader also does the same?!!!!!!