Itead, Members with Experience...

I have had great service using these guys:

http://www.internationalcircuits.com/

You can price your order on their site easily, and depending upon your board size and quantity, it can be a very good deal.

I have used internationalcircuits also, I have found their pricing is better for larger quantities.

CrossRoads:
I use the free viewer at viewplot.com. Will open all 13 files that the itead .cam file makes.

Thanks! I checked with both viewplot and Online gerber viewer. GBO layer is there and shows back silkscreen correctly. Looks like iTead messed up :frowning: I sent them e-mail hopefully they'll respond.

The times they've marked mine on the bottom it's turned out well:

Do you have pic's of yours?

Sure do :slight_smile: Front is ok, but not a mark on the back layer. Yet it's there when viewed via Online Gerber viewer...

20130331_233013.jpg

20130331_233355.jpg

So you're missing XRONOS 1.1 on the back? Could have been left off by accident I suppose.

CrossRoads:
So you're missing XRONOS 1.1 on the back? Could have been left off by accident I suppose.

Yeah that's my thoughts too. It came out just fine with OSH Park :slight_smile: I got response from Sunny btw, he basically just said that text should be min 6x32 mil (mine was 86 mil)... So I'll be sending my next batch to them, and hopefully it will get all printed :slight_smile:

My 10 5x5 boards arrived this week. They were just as I expected - nothing more, nothing less.

I like the quality of the boards, and I like the fact that some text with really a tiny font is very readable.

Since it took 60+ days from order to delivery, I'll be ordering my next batch very soon. This was my very first experience outsourcing (90's trend word!) PCB production, and I am very glad with it.

60+ days? Where are you located? I see boards in about 3 weeks in the US.

CrossRoads:
60+ days? Where are you located? I see boards in about 3 weeks in the US.

I am in Brazil.

the problem is that my order took about 10-12 days to go into production. Then several more days to be shipped. It took a while until it arrived in Brazil, and once it did, it was held in customs for a week. Here is the tracking history for my iTead package. As you can see it took 3 weeks alone in the mail.

The problem with Brazil is that there are only 3 customs offices in the whole country that deal with mail imports. Not only they are flooded with work, but they are ill-equiped (2 of them don't have a tracking system) and the custom officers are really slow.

Wow, that is awful. I see a marketing opportunity for you - in-country PCB manufacturing :slight_smile:

My recent order with ITead was delivered two days ago (April 2). They received the order on March 5, and posted the boards on March 14.

April 2? Hard to get boards before you order them :wink:

I've been pricing my board with itead... 2x2.5" My board isn't exactly 10cm x 10cm dimensions.

So I'd have to use ITead's Small Batch 10x10cm order option...
50pcs, Red, 1.6mm, Lead Free HASL, 100% etest = $155 = $3.10 per board
shipping? .... who knows... 3 weeks?

Using my other supplier, PCBCart... 2x2.5"
50pcs, Red, 1.6mm, Lead Free HASL, 100% etest = $130.47 = $1.63 per board <---- and this already includes a $48.97 one-time tooling charge!
Turnaround time... 8 days.

If I re-order 50pcs of the same boards again, iTead will cost me another $155 again.
Reordering from PCBCart the same board, will cost $48.97

I only get $130 with itead for 100x100mm Red soldermask, $2.60/card.
Probably $26 for DHL shipping with itead. No seperate tooling charging.
Would be under 3 weeks, DHL does not have the long delivery time that US Registered mail has in clearing customs.

130/50 = 2.60, not sure how you got $1.63

I've not used PCB cart, or colored soldermask generally, let me know how it goes.

Checking out their pricing:
50 pieces 100mm x 100mm, no colored solder mask, price comes out to $2.85/card.
Plus $57 for tooling, which is over $1.14 per card. I suppose after enough orders that would amortize down.
Be hard to get under $2.60 tho.

Red solder mask: price jumps to $2.96/card, plus $77 for one time fee.
$2.82 for longer shipping.

Smaller card, yes, I could see that would save some vs itead's flat rate pricing for their "up-to" sizing.
I don't see a way except by trial and error to work out what board size you'd have to come down to be under itead's 100x100mm flat price.

vasquo:
I've been pricing my board with itead... 2x2.5" My board isn't exactly 10cm x 10cm dimensions.

So I'd have to use ITead's Small Batch 10x10cm order option...
50pcs, Red, 1.6mm, Lead Free HASL, 100% etest = $155 = $3.10 per board
shipping? .... who knows... 3 weeks?

Using my other supplier, PCBCart... 2x2.5"
50pcs, Red, 1.6mm, Lead Free HASL, 100% etest = $130.47 = $1.63 per board <---- and this already includes a $48.97 one-time tooling charge!
Turnaround time... 8 days.

If I re-order 50pcs of the same boards again, iTead will cost me another $155 again.
Reordering from PCBCart the same board, will cost $48.97

Boards don't have to be 10 cm x 10 cm! My recent order for 3" x 1.6" boards cost me $22 for 12 boards, plus $5.59 for postage.

7.6cm x 4cm, falls into the 10-lot 5cm x 10cm size, $22 plus shipping.

So not a whole lot of difference. Find a supplier you like, stick with them until you get screwed.
Itead just shipped 50 cards to CA to be assembled, and am about to order some more. I'm happy with them.

130/50 = 2.60, not sure how you got $1.63

Wonky math. I forgot to incorporate the tooling cost.

Here's their table.

Just placed another order with iTead. Whatever the problem they had with ordering system, now seems to be fixed. I immediately got e-mail and my ordered showed in their system :slight_smile: