MKR WITH ETHERNET CONNECTIVITY

Hello

Does somebody know if there are any intentions to market any MKR with ethernet connectivity?

Regards

Not that I am aware of but it is easy enough to add an Ethernet to the MKR anyway.

Arduino don't tell too many people what coming up and if they do most often they are told to keep it a secret until it is launched.

I wasn't allowed to post pictures of my first (beta) MKR1000 until after the launch

Thanks for the reply

ballscrewbob:
but it is easy enough to add an Ethernet to the MKR anyway.

Are you referring to using ETHERNET SHIELD V2?
The ideal would be a smaller shield adapted to the MKR
Regards

I was thinking something like this

The smaller one could easily be mounted on a small PCB on top of the MKR.

I have the NANO one and it works great.
Would not take much to jumper that to the MKR too.

I did not know these modules, thank you very much for the information.

Although I think it will be difficult for me to adapt them to the MKR, there is not much information about it.

All the information you need is on the internet.

Just look up "arduino ethernet module".

Lots of electronics places that cover Arduino have those.

There are libraries for the ENC series with examples on how to use them.

Hello
It seems that ENC is not compatible with MKR
What a pity!

Regards

I have no idea where you got that idea from but it is mistaken.

You picked one lib yet there are lots more out there.
There are 46 hits for Arduino alone not including the mis-categorised C versions.
And that's just on GitHub and there are even more in different repos's.

It pays do actually do homework rather than settle on a first hit basis.

If you really do not want wire up a MKR board to a generic Ethernet board, take a look at the Adafruit Feather line. But I can only assume the boards work because I do not have them. Maybe someone will design a Feather to MKR adaptor board since there are lots of Feather wings/shields. Soldering still required but only to attach connectors.

There are some adaptors out there for the feather to MKR as people have done it.
But I will let you find those.

I will try to look for information, but it is a complicated issue.
Maybe wait for some mkr design with ethernet.

Greetings and thanks.

It is not at all complicated.
Your wait might be a long one as the MKR's are relatively speaking still quite new and the Chines market has not really taken them on board but prefer the easier UNO and MEGA etc. clones which are easier to make things for.

Miracle!!! :slight_smile: Coming soon Arduino MKR ETH Shield. What I wanted. I hope it will be commercialized soon

Regards