Need to amplify mV with high frequency, so I can read to Arduino.

Hi,

I would like to amplify a TV signal (about 20 mV) with high frequencies (about 2600 MHZ) and then read it from an Arduino's analog port. However, I couldn't do it.

I have tried to use an op amp (741), but I don't know what I did wrong but It didn't work.

Anyone have any idea to work it out?

Maybe, I need to put a rectifier bridge? But for that I need at least a minimum voltage for the diode, or directly to Arduino?

Please help me!

Thanks!

You want to read a 2600MHz signal with a 16MHz processor? Even the DUE at 84MHz isn't going to do that.

Pete

Hi, I think you need to review what you are trying to do here.

2600Mhz, is UHF band RF, and LM741 will definitely not do the job. (Check the specifications.)

If you want to amplify this sort of signal it requires not just the correct amplifier but highly complicated circuit layout and shielding.

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish, maybe a field strength meter.

Tom.. :slight_smile:

"amplify a TV signal (about 20 mV) with high frequencies (about 2600 MHZ) and then read it from an Arduino's analog port."

The goal is ambitious, but the Arduino is not an appropriate system for this goal. Look for a more powerful computer prepare your money for large expenses. Or get a TV set interface specification to find a place in the copper traces for you to intercept the signals. A logic analyzer is recommended.

el_supremo:
You want to read a 2600MHz signal with a 16MHz processor? Even the DUE at 84MHz isn't going to do that.

Pete

Above 200MHz sampling rate you start to pay big bucks for an ADC. To digitize 2.6Ghz
you'd need about a 10GHz sample rate, probably cheaper to go for a day trip into space!

So what are you really trying to achieve? Did you really mean 2.6GHz (carrier frequency?)
or do you really mean digitizing the baseband signal (10's of MHz)?

If the signal is AM modulated, use a diode detector on the RF, and amplify the video signal. The Arduino still might not be able to keep up, but you have a much better chance than with the RF!