SA1-RTD

Hi everyone! I have a an SA1-RTD from Omega.com I found lying around and wanted to try and use it. It's the 3 wire version with 1 red lead and 2 black leads. I was wondering if someone could help me figure out how to test if this still works. I've tried using a multimeter across the red and both black leads, but i get nothing. I have continuity between both the black leads though. I'm stumped lol.

Oh, the link to mfg is here:

This site gives a pretty good explanation:

Basically, you'll need to apply a voltage across the black leads and measure the RTD output at the red lead.

--
The Ruggeduino: compatible with Arduino UNO, 24V operation, all I/O's fused and protected

Sweet! Thanks RuggedCircuits! Im gonna try it out tomorrow when I get home

hun1:
Hi everyone! I have a an SA1-RTD from Omega.com I found lying around and wanted to try and use it. It's the 3 wire version with 1 red lead and 2 black leads. I was wondering if someone could help me figure out how to test if this still works. I've tried using a multimeter across the red and both black leads, but i get nothing. I have continuity between both the black leads though. I'm stumped lol.

Oh, the link to mfg is here:

Omega Engineering | Sensing, Monitoring and Control Solutions

An RTD is just a resistor that changes with temperature at a known rate. If you don't read a resistance between the red and either black wire then the platinum element is open and thus useless.

Lefty