Dynamixel MX-28T with a Wii Nunchuck

I'm sorry to bother everyone, but I've been trying to control servo motors with a Wii Nunchuck. I have managed to succeed. However, now I need to control a Dynamixel MX-28 servo motor and I have no idea. I originally thought that it would be the same as any servo motors so I just used the code that worked for the servo motors, but the Dynamixel does not respond. I tried everything, but it is clearly something about the code not being compatible with the Dynamixel servo. Thus I was wondering if I have to code the Dynamixel separately. Please help me in anyway possible. I have already posted this in the Robotics section of the forum, but I'm not getting that much. I can't even find a library for the Dynamixel MX-28T. Someone suggested Arduino Forum for the library, but I have an Arduino Uno, so I don't really think it works for me. Please, please, please help.

now I need to control a Dynamixel MX-28 servo motor and I have no idea.

Would it help if you read the datasheet on MX-28 so you get a sense as to how it can be controlled?

beepboop:
I'm sorry to bother everyone, but I've been trying to control servo motors with a Wii Nunchuck. I have managed to succeed. However, now I need to control a Dynamixel MX-28 servo motor and I have no idea. I originally thought that it would be the same as any servo motors so I just used the code that worked for the servo motors, but the Dynamixel does not respond. I tried everything, but it is clearly something about the code not being compatible with the Dynamixel servo. Thus I was wondering if I have to code the Dynamixel separately. Please help me in anyway possible. I have already posted this in the Robotics section of the forum, but I'm not getting that much. I can't even find a library for the Dynamixel MX-28T. Someone suggested Arduino Forum for the library, but I have an Arduino Uno, so I don't really think it works for me. Please, please, please help.

The problem with the Uno is that there is only one hardware serial port and the Dynamixel library takes it over, meaning no easy way to print debug statements. However that doesn't mean it won't work, you'll just have to work blind. Also it looks
like there's an issue with baud rates you must address - digest that thread carefully before giving up on it.

dhenry:
Would it help if you read the datasheet on MX-28 so you get a sense as to how it can be controlled?

Well I tried. I Googled "dynamixel mx-28 datasheet" and got the datasheet from Dynamixel MX-28T Robot Actuator from Robotis but I didn't really learn anything. But I perhaps that's because I don't have the Dynamixel library and thus I don't know what it's capable of.

MarkT:
The problem with the Uno is that there is only one hardware serial port and the Dynamixel library takes it over, meaning no easy way to print debug statements. However that doesn't mean it won't work, you'll just have to work blind. Also it looks
like there's an issue with baud rates you must address - digest that thread carefully before giving up on it.

I have tried, but I'm just drawing blanks because I'm totally new to the Arduino scene. I don't even know the significance of the Tx or Rx and what the serial ports have to do with anything. If anyone would be kind enough to treat me like a complete idiot and explain things from scratch, I would be eternally grateful.