Unanswered questions ...

(just an observation)
I sorted the section programming questions on #replies and found out that 22 pages of the 703 has had no answer (0 replies). That is 3% (acceptable?) in relative terms but in absolute terms more than 400. just thought that is quite a bit. OK several were moved, I did not count them separately. And no I do not feel the urgency to answer them (although it would boost my statistics :wink:

On the other hand Bar Sport has 3.5 page 0 responses on 39 pages which is in fact a much higher percentage...
So it seems we like to talk about tech more than about other stuff or??

no comment :slight_smile:

Either folks thought the question was not deserving of an answer, there were more pressing questions that got answered, or the collection of authorities and geniuses here had no clue what the answer was. (Naaa, couldn't be that last one...)

Or no clue what the question was...

Or no clue what the question was...

+1 :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

robtillaart:
I sorted the section programming questions on #replies and found out that 22 pages of the 703 has had no answer (0 replies). That is 3% (acceptable?) ...

Personally I rely on the email notifications of new topics, which seems strangely faulty. I get notified of about one in four. So I will reply to existing topics (to which I am automatically subscribed), then new threads of which I get the email notification (which proves the notification feature is turned on), then browse the Programming part from time to time and see a whole lot of other threads. If I see one with no replies I'll usually try to help, but sometimes just think "I'll let PaulS deal with that one." :slight_smile:

(That's because I think he has more patience than I have).

I can guess, too: On a busy day the question drops off page 1 within hours. From then on it is "lost in the archives".

I can guess, too: On a busy day the question drops off page 1 within hours. From then on it is "lost in the archives".

That could imply we need to split up the busy sections?

and maybe merge others?

If the email notification worked, people - like me - who subscribe to be notified of new threads would notice them anyway.

A useful feature (which doesn't use email) could be a button to click which shows recent posts, which have no replies.

[quote author=Nick Gammon link=topic=141821.msg1076204#msg1076204 date=1358449553]
A useful feature (which doesn't use email) could be a button to click which shows recent posts, which have no replies.
[/quote]Yep. It is already there. Your answer made me try.

Near-Top-right menu the "unread posts". Then click on the replies heading to sort it.

That unread posts section really needs a filtering function to be useful.
Who wants to see page up and page down of unread posts in international languages that they don't understand?
I wish there was a way to filter out forums that I'm not interested in.

This seemed so promising and then it just died:
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,50570.0.html

here

an unread topics link for all except international, if you want to filter it down more (lets say you dont want to read about the due) hover your mouse over the link on the main fourm page, look at the bottom left of your browser, note its number and remove it from this link

Osgeld:
here

Arduino Forum

Nice one.

Thanks!

an unread topics link for all except international

Good man! karma++