arduino - low power relay, without transistor

That wasn't the point, I don't doubt for a minute that it does work and work well, not at all All I said was... "Not real good Engineering" my real point was that you have no "Fault engineering" as I said the only thing that protects anything is the back emf diode on the relay and that a relay coil connected to Vcc directly was more difficult to suppress than the circuit that I described, especially when the other coil lead was connected to the processor. If you are good with it then, GO WITH IT. It Works. all I say here is based on things I have done for many years... like my tag line say's "Based on Many Years of Mistakes", I learned that the easy way is often not the best way, I also learned "That if it Aint Broke Don't Fix It...". My reply wasn't a call for you to rework the project, rather to point out a safer method, usually pursued in the industry so that you might consider other methods in the future. If in any way I offered or appeared to offer criticism Please forgive me that wasn't my intent. For as much as you mighht need advice there are many others who read these posts and my advice was an offering for all, more than any implied disapproval of your work..

Doc