Amarino - Android meets Arduino

After some try with SensorGraph app, I've found the BT module
seems remains paired with my HTC after Android app exit (Amarino, anyway, say "disconnect device").
I need to switch off the Bluetooth on my HTC to really disconnect from
BT module and have the possibility to reconnect again.
If try a new connection without phisically on/off HTC bluetooh , the connection fail.
In the java source code of SensorGraph app, inside the OnStop event, really there is the disconnect command.
There is another software method to disconnect/unpair the BT module and have the possibility to reconnect again without phisically switch off/on Bluetooh on HTC ?

The Amarino will work on Froyo ?

Amarino is Android 2.2 compatible, however there is never a guarantee that it works on all modded Android verison. As far as I know, there is no phone out there with an official Android 2.2 build. (only the leaked Nexus One build)

Currently, Amarino calls the official disconnect command of the Android Bluetooth API.

Nevertheless, we should move this discussion to Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting.
so that other users can contribute. (you might open an issue about that with detailed information about your Android version, handset model, etc.)

Ok, done :wink:

Thanks for support.

Amarino is excellent source! It's really useful - there is only one example on the website - Are there other examples I can look at? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

arduino is excellent source . :-[

Has anyone used this to provide a handsfree function? It would mean connecting a microphone and speaker to the Arduino.
Thanks in anticipation.

Hi,

I am using Amarino application in my Nexus One with Android 2.1 to connect to my Arduino Lilypad. I am using the TestEvent to check if it works, and in the Lilypad I have loaded this code:

#include <MeetAndroid.h>

MeetAndroid meetAndroid;
int onboardLed13 = 13;

void setup()
{
Serial.begin(57600);

meetAndroid.registerFunction(testEvent, 'A');

pinMode(onboardLed13, OUTPUT);
//digitalWrite(onboardLed, HIGH);
}

void loop()
{
meetAndroid.receive();
}

void testEvent(byte flag, byte numOfValues)
{

int randomValue = meetAndroid.getInt();

if (randomValue>=125){
digitalWrite(onboardLed13, HIGH);
}
else { digitalWrite(onboardLed13, LOW);
delay(100);
}

In the Monitoring screen of the N1 I can see:
AmarinoService: message to send: 167
AmarinoService: send to Arduino: A167
.... (all the time random values are sent from N1 to Arduino)

But the Lilypad seems not to receive this values (the MeetAndroid.receive function always returns true) and doesnt blink led13...

Is it possible that the N1 is not set to 57600baud? why is he sending A167 and a strange square character?

I also have tried to use the MeetAndroid.send("a") in the loop(), but nothing is received in the N1.

Can anyone help me? Thanks!

I guess your Bluetooth module is not configured to 57600 baud.

Is there anyway to communicate over the softserial instead of hardware serial? I have an OLED that can only work using the tx/rx pins. I have my bluetooth connected to pins 2 and 3 and I am communicating using the NewSoftSerial library. Now I'm trying to use my phone to communicate with the bluetooth but the MeetAndroid library is only working for the tx/rx pins.

-Cali

Is there a way to interface with the bluetooth over SPI?
This may fix the serial port problem.

-Nik

Amazing!!

Ohh :slight_smile: goood

Great...........Good Job

Is there with Symbian S60? for Nokia family...?

Jeckson

Is any API reading android keypad keys and touch events which I can sent to ardunio

cool project guys. I see a wide range of uses for this device.

About the BT mate module
use the FTDI adapter is the only way to set the baud rate to 57600?
can i use FTDI Basic Breakout - 3.3V?
thanks!

Very cool stuff! This could be very interesting in the future.

Hello,
i made a program for Android with arduino libraries. Do you know if you need to also install the amarino control program or you can embed the library in the project?

Bye!
Alessandro.

Great work! Even better if you could make it work with a ethernet shield.
Something that is on the "to do" list?