Using a Resitor to fix Glasses :)

After careful consideration, some of the cheaper resistors particularly the 68ohm 100+ packs cheapies have even thinner legs than i'm used to, not sure if it's a good or bad thing...

So after crushing the arm off my driving specs (by sitting on them) the tiny tiny screw vanished to never be seen again and i don't have any tiny enough, low and behold the cheap 68ohm resistors from ebay are perfect size :smiley:

I cut one end off leaving the tip, dropped the resistor in, apply solder, fixed, small intrusive and I'm the only geek who drives wearing glasses with a resistor as a fix :smiley: LOL sad the things i do, but anyway it works fine it acts as a pin no squeaks, seems perfectly good to use, i'll know when i use them to drive with next.

Beats a piece of tape 8)

UUUGLY Tho...

Bob

The wife says it's "GeekSheek" I say it's a handy resistor to have in-case of emergency...

you should copyright this look and start a kick-starter project e.g. - nerdGlasses , jewelry etc -

Why not add a coin cell and LED as well, then you'll have a built-in reading light!

Nice! I'd make sure to do that next time I lose my glasses screws :slight_smile:

Yes, copy the look, sort of like the steampunk look :wink:

Why not add a coin cell and LED as well, then you'll have a built-in reading light!

Yes, copy the look, sort of like the steampunk look

A bit Lady Ada-ish.... Will the real Limor Fried please stand up?

I've done this with a small piece of wire before. Now every new pair of glasses gets some blue Loctite thread-locker. No more issues since.

No doubt this is the start of a new trend. Plus, I'm sure the glasses will be more resistant to breaking in the future.

more resistant

BZZZZZZZZZZT.... cr@p pun :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

JimboZA:

more resistant

BZZZZZZZZZZT.... cr@p pun :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I know! Sorry, couldn't resist XD

Sorry, couldn't resist

As The Katzenjammer Kids used to say, "Gifs moider!"

Are you sure this will work as planned ?
Could be the camera (or me) but this doesn't seem to be a 68 Ohms resistor.
Maybe you should check the value before you put the load on it.