What would you do?

You find your self in a room full of people who think they know all about electronics because they put together a pc and booted it up... they have no idea how anything really works... but you find a room full
of people who all think this is going to be easy and boring.. 17 of them, all morons by your standard..

do you be nice to them?, ignore them? walk out? etc

I'd be nice to them.

wait till they release the magic smoke, as all of us have, and smile ...

I'd be nice to them. It never hurts to be nice to people, even if they are below your standards.

They might even look up to you, when they realize they don't know jack and you might become some sort of Jedi Master of electronics to them.

The reality is, are there anyone in the room with a higher pay grade than you in your corporation? Also, what do you want from them? If these are random people, it makes no sense to hurt their feelings except when they are hurting yours. If they are professionally related to you, you must want something from them, then try to work with them. Showing them stupid is only fun and absolutely necessary if you are the teacher and they are the students. :smiley:

When you can afford to be not nice, do so. You do others good service. Nice people never challenge you with hard facts you need to face.

Be nice.
It is not because they are less knowledgeable or even diluted on a domain you are knowledgeable about on; these are not nice people.
Best is to evaluate your chances of what you will be getting out of "staying and being nice".
If you really can't stand it; say hi to everybody and go somewhere else.
If you see the opportunity to become the "electronics master of the room" -and you want it- stay; be nice and grasp the opportunity when it arises.

Best regards
Jantje

I would be the nicest to the most attractive female without a ring.

JoeN:

Circuits, computers, etc. Good luck finding a female among only 17 such people!

liudr:

JoeN:

Circuits, computers, etc. Good luck finding a female among only 17 such people!

That is what I call a reality check ]:smiley:
Best regards
Jantje

It's the ones with the ring you should be nice to lol

Be nice to them unless they are arrogant about it. If they're giving you crap, let 'em smoke a few parts (assuming they don't belong to you) and call it a learning experience.