Oh My Gawd. Arudino 2600

:smiley:

LOL

Sorry, I must not have got the memo, a LED chaser and some sound, did I miss something?

Rob

Graynomad:
Sorry, I must not have got the memo, a LED chaser and some sound, did I miss something?

You missed the marketing spin. :stuck_out_tongue:

Graynomad:

LOL, haven't you ever played PAC-MAN?

Yes I have, 30 years ago and it looked and sounded nothing like that so I don't get it. :~

Rob

Well that was MRS. PAC-MAN, which sounds quite a bit different than PAC-MAN.

What is the difference between Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man, really?

Well, Ms. Pac-Man has a bow in her hair...

Get out of town!

A few arduino-looking boards, inexperienced/beginning guy blaming breadboard although purchased a pot not intended for breadboarding, and yes, some sound and light chaser. Misleading title, and maybe just reading the rom from a game cartridge and playing back. The hairy hand is blocking the view here and there.

liudr:
A few arduino-looking boards, inexperienced/beginning guy blaming breadboard although purchased a pot not intended for breadboarding, and yes, some sound and light chaser. Misleading title, and maybe just reading the rom from a game cartridge and playing back. The hairy hand is blocking the view here and there.

You're an *****. I didn't purchase anything. That pot came with the official starter kit, and Arduino uses it to build the starter projects on a breadboard.

I'm sure Arduino knows a little more about what that pot was intended to be used for, then you do.

You need to read a couple books, learn a few things about electronics, then come back.

Thanks for the advice. I've read a couple of books myself. So you purchased a starter kit. I see. Sorry I blamed you. Must be Arduino team's fault (no sarcasm here). Stick around a bit longer, I bet you, you will find out how well-designed arduino products really are.

CSGuy:
You're an *****.

Sorry you miscounted, I only have 3 stars. Stick around. There are members with more stars that will interact with you. Your experience may vary :wink:

You need to read a couple books

I see the omission of the word "of" all the time these days, it's "couple OF books". Is this a gen Y or a US thing or what?

Rob

I think it is a gen Y thing, like "I got this", "a mute point", and "it got gerbilled up".

Graynomad:

You need to read a couple books

I see the omission of the word "of" all the time these days, it's "couple OF books". Is this a gen Y or a US thing or what?

Rob

maybe it's a (further) shortened version of "cuppla books" ?

polymorph:
I think it is a gen Y thing, like "I got this", "a mute point", and "it got gerbilled up".

do you mean "i got this" as in "i have this" (say, in paying for the check/bill at a restaurant/cafe/diner) ?
i've heard that for quite a while now.

i guess the others are actually "moot point" and "jumbled up" ?
i shudder to think the condition of an actual gerbil that led to the first kid using that misspelled phrase....

The omission of "of" with "couple" is quite common in the area I live in. Not surprised if people write like this as well.

Yeah ok, I'll have to mull over that for a couple days.

Rob

Graynomad:
Yeah ok, I'll have to mull over that for a couple days.

I could care less.

Oh no, don't get me started on that one, I'd forgotten about it.

Rob

I think "gerbilled up" is a bastardization of "garbled".

"I got this" is usually used in the context of a macho "don't worry, I'll handle this" kind of thing. Not as in "I will pay this bill".

polymorph:
I think "gerbilled up" is a bastardization of "garbled".

ah yes, makes more sense !