Using a Sanyo LC7582 as lcd

Hey everyone, I am making my own car radio and have pretty much everything done except for the lcd screen...I have a Sanyo LC7582 8D4 screen and have found the data sheet, but didnt know how to implement anything for it in my code...

Here is a link to the datasheet, any help would be great

You may want to start reading the following web sites

http://playground.arduino.cc/Code/LCD
http://workshops.ist.utl.pt/arduino-lessons/lesson-ii-2-interfacing-with-an-lcd/

Then, if you don't find anything suitable for your LCD, you may need to write the driver for your particular LCD, you can always use one of the available LCD drivers as starting point.

Thanks, I have used many LCD and displays in the past, my issue is instead of the normal ES, RS, RW ports, this LCD has GND, VDD, INH, CE, CLK, DATA, LAMP, LAMP...and I believe the lamp has a ground and positive, i figured that out...but what I dont know is how to interface the rest of these like the normal lcds i have used with the arduino

I know this so far...this is the obvious stuff...

GND - Ground
VDD - 5V
INH -
CE -
CLK -
DATA -
LAMP GND - Backlight Ground
LAMP +B - Backlight +

and now I just need to figure out INH CE CLK and DATA

Can you follow the lines on the PCB?

http://www.mitracon.ru/pdf/SAN/LC7582.pdf

On the page 3 of the above datasheet, you can see those pins.

I can follow the ones in question, and they either end up at a Mitsubishi micro controller or an alpine micro controller

I have a little bit of difficulties reading and understanding the datasheet...
The main issue is that the pins listed on the datasheet do not match that of what is printed on the chip I have...

However I do know based on the datachip that DATA, CE, and CLK go to the controller

I found this which is easier to read...now I am trying to apply it to the LCD

http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/sanyo/ds_pdf_e/LC75821E.pdf

Looks like a typical synchronous serial shift-register connection. It would probably work with the SPI library, would definitely work using shiftout.

For SPI, CE -> SS, MOSI -> DATA, SCK -> CLK

This looks like a raw controller, where you need to send every pixel every frame through serial by creating a frame buffer and updating it. You could control the display by modifying the buffer in between updates. Or double buffer it and modify the one not currently displayed and swap them back and forth.

You mentioned a microcontroller, though. Your particular module might instead have you communicating with that micro instead of directly with the LCD controller. The commands for that would depend on the firmware in that micro. Probably not going to be very easy to figure out unless you were able to dump the code in it and understand it.

How'd this go? Did you get it working?

Scusa ma non riesco a trovare chi piò aiutarmi.
Ho questo schermo ( MEGA ) e Sono riuscito solo ad accenderlo, ma non ho idea su come controllarlo. Per caso qualcuno ha un programma pronto per utilizzarlo?

Hi: I inherited a box full of miniature boards with LCD displays and the Sanyo LC7582 controller.
If anyone has figured out how to use them with the Arduino system, I'd be happy to share the parts with the guy that works out a solution.
The boards have two each 5 pin headers.
See 3 attached photos.

CmdrDick
Chandler, Arizona USA

c.jpg

b.jpg

And here is the third photo that did not go thru on the first attempt

a.jpg

Semaj4712:
Check out the photos that I included above.
This board uses very few of the controller lines.
This may help you to determine how to use the 7582 chip with the arduino.
If you have already sorted this out, I'd sure like to see your work.
Thanks,
CmdrDick

Ok so I just decided to give this a go again.

Where I a am at is with the following.

Its been awhile since I have been working with Arduino, but I am hoping some of you kind folks can help assist me in getting this up and running.

Using this code

//Pin connected to ST_CP of 74HC595
int latchPin = 13;
//Pin connected to SH_CP of 74HC595
int clockPin = 10;
////Pin connected to DS of 74HC595
int dataPin = 11;

void setup() {
  //set pins to output because they are addressed in the main loop
  pinMode(latchPin, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(clockPin, OUTPUT);
  pinMode(dataPin, OUTPUT);
}

void loop() {
  //count up routine
  for (int j = 0; j < 256; j++) {
    //ground latchPin and hold low for as long as you are transmitting
    digitalWrite(latchPin, LOW);
    shiftOut(dataPin, clockPin, LSBFIRST, j);   
    //return the latch pin high to signal chip that it 
    //no longer needs to listen for information
    digitalWrite(latchPin, HIGH);
    delay(1000);
  }
}

I have the following hookups

GND -> Ground
VDD -> 5V
INH -> 5V
CE -> PIN 13 (latchPin)
CLK -> PIN 10 (clockPin)
DATA -> PIN 11 (dataPin)
LAMP -> Ground
LAMP -> 5V

and i am getting this once I upload the script, obviously I cannot control any of the individual elements but that I guess would be the next step

Not everything is turning on, and when you reload the script different elements illuminate but atleast its progress

I know this has been dead for awhile, but I found this page and it seems quite promising for getting this to work. I don't have a raspberry pi to try this out, but maybe somebody can translate their code to something similar that will work on Arduino.