Great deal on logic mosfets...

They have been performing great (the old ones, and assumedly these will the same) with my strobe project, and they also have been working great as PWM to 5 meter RGB strip light, 2A per color at 12v. They stay pretty much ambient, I use a high value resistor gate to drain for discharge, and around 100 ohms on the gate to a logic pin. I have used them with no gate resistor before, but been told it unduly loads the pin momentarily.

Considering that I had been intimidated by the scary symbol and only switched (ugh) to MOSFET for switching apps from darlingtons like TIP120 quite recently, the heat problems are much smaller with these!

I am about to take a foray into trying a MOSFET current regulator over a LM317 configuration, doing a bit of reading on current sources in general and better ways to drive the power LED's I love so much :slight_smile: If I torch a few transistors learning something new, it's a cheap lesson...

Gonna keep the vendor as one to check their inventory once in a while, cheap, good sources are always a great find..