Sourcing parts

Just received an order from Jameco. In it was a DC barrel jack. I was trying to find a cheaper version of the one from Adafruit. Breadboard-friendly 2.1mm DC barrel jack : ID 373 : $0.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits. The one I got was only 45 cents versus 95 cents from Adafruit. However the one I got is not breadboard or through hole friendly.
I need to solder this onto a perf board and while I can probably file this one until it fits, I will need more in the future.

Anyone know a good source for a barrel jack that is a breadboard or through hole part (that is cheaper than Adafruit)?

Thanks.

According to the datasheet on the AFI website, this is the same part. A bit cheaper if you need 10, more so if you need 100:

taydaelectronics, 16 cents.

http://www.taydaelectronics.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=2.1mm

dipmicro.com, 28 cents
Power Jack 2mm 24V / 3.5A w/ Built-in Switch - dipmicro electronics

if you want one thats going to just drop into a perfboard, ...good luck, otherwise I just drill out the holes a little to make a slot

I'd get a panelmount part and add 2 wires.

Thanks everyone. Jack found the one I was originally looking for, but the prices at Tayda are crazy cheap.
I do like the the panel mount one from Tayda. http://www.taydaelectronics.com/dc-power-jack-2-1mm-enclosed-frame-with-switch.html.
Think I see some of both in my future. I never ordered from Tayda before, how long does shipping from Thailand to the US generally take?

I've ordered from Tayda a few times, not real recently so I'm a bit fuzzy, but I want to say 2-3 weeks. Some of their stuff is good, some I've been unhappy with, specifically battery holders. But things are so cheap, sometimes I'll order a couple just to check them out. If I don't like something, not much is lost.

I've ordered several times from Tayda. Delivery has been about 8 days, and from a Colorado address.

CrossRoads:
I've ordered several times from Tayda. Delivery has been about 8 days, and from a Colorado address.

Bob;

I saw your reference to Tayda yesterday and checked them out. I ended up ordering like 118 items (many were 10 of a single item) for a total of like $12 + $2 something for shipment. They sure have good prices on lots of useful simple things that I always seem to run out of. Their shopping cart system works smooth, they take paypal and I look forward to receiving my first order from them. So thank for the tip.

Lefty

I've done the same Lefty, stocking up on common things I find myself using a lot.

Just stocked up. Something like 190 parts for under $8 including shipping for $1.40!
How can they afford this? Government subsidy? Robots that don't need to eat, have breaks or insurance?

Low labor & taxes in Thailand?

Tayda Electronics is located in Bangkok , Thailand. Our company is dedicated to providing the highest quality products. We also pride ourselves on great customer service.

Thai Shine Company Limited
160/67 Soi 28 Rama 6 Road
Samsennai, Payatai
Bangkok 10400
THAILAND