ExtraCore - Tiny Arduino on Kickstarter

Help the ExtraCore project get funded on Kickstarter!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/988159748/extracore-arduino-compatible

ExtraCore is a tiny (1" square) Arduino compatible board that's been discussed on several different sites. I've been following Dustin's exploits with this project for quite some time now and would love to see this one hit it's funding goal on Kickstarter. $15 gets you a kit, $20 gets you a completed and tested board. Help a great open source project get funded and get a nice Arduino clone to drop in your next project.

I'm not affiliated with this project in any way (other than being a backer). I just want to see it get funded!

I'm sitting tight waiting for my order of 50 Mini-uino PCBs to arrvive from iteadstudios.
$2 gets a bare PCB shipped to your US location. 35 spoken for so far ...

Not sure how the other can be called Open Source - I haven't seen any schematics posted for that board anywhere...

Ahh, Crossroads. I thought your minis were all spoken for?! Put me down for one if there are any left! Though if they're coming from iTead, I would expect that they will take a while - I'm still waiting on one order shipped 7/18.

ExtraCore is documented, just poorly linked. It's license is CC-BY-SA 3.0.

Dustin's got all of the docs posted here:

You got it Buzz. 36 of 50 spoken for now.
They left itead by 9/4, making their way thru China/US customs or something. Last order of 10 boards took 2-3 week also after the order was placed. Maybe another week to go?
I've been posting updates here.
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,69622.0.html
Got my parts from Newark already to build up a couple when they come in.

CrossRoads:
You got it Buzz. 36 of 50 spoken for now.

Excellent, thanks! I've been lurking on your other post as well.

ExtraCore met their funding goal! Thanks to anyone who saw this post and pledged to the project - there was a noticeable uptick in pledges after my post, but correlation != causation...

In any case, it's still not too late to throw your hat in the ring to get an assembled device. $20 for 1, $15 for each additional. Or 5 kits for $50 and solder them yourself.

buzzdavidson:
In any case, it's still not too late to throw your hat in the ring to get an assembled device. $20 for 1, $15 for each additional. Or 5 kits for $50 and solder them yourself.

Why the heck did this project need $7,200 to start? The kit isn't even cheaper than what it would take to procure the PCB and parts myself.

Chagrin:
Why the heck did this project need $7,200 to start? The kit isn't even cheaper than what it would take to procure the PCB and parts myself.

Valid question, but you're missing the point.

He's answered that one on the kickstarter page, I won't duplicate it here. If you're asking the question, you're probably not his target market. The Arduino community consists of lots of members with radically varying skill sets and interests - you may be capable of and interested in soldering SMT parts, but that puts you in the minority. I have the ability, but neither the time nor the interest - I'd rather have a pre-assembled device that I can stick in a device. I'd also rather pay for a discrete component that solves a particular problem well than spend hours coding and debugging device bit-banging routines; to each his own.

His goal is to bootstrap the device so that Sparkfun (et al) will eventually pick up manufacturing and sell an inexpensive version. Kickstarter is a means to an end. Read up on the device and his intent before knocking the guy - he's got some big ideas.