arduino video game controller...

Ok, so right on this post, i am gonna ask about five questions so please bear with me....:slight_smile:

Now, i' am building the MJoy video game controller. Here it is :
http://www.raijuu.net/2008/06/mjoy/

here is the pdf with the schematics and the board...:
http://www.raijuu.net/make/mjoy/USB_Joy.pdf

Now, i want my game pad to just have these things...
four controlling buttons. i.e. up, down, left, right
four action keys just like on a sony ps controller or a psp.
2 keys that a sony psp has on the top.

So for total, ten buttons.

And,
2 joysticks, i.e. 4 potentiometers.

Now, in the schematic, how do i find the controller keys and the action keys ???

so, what would be the final button schematics as i want to use just 10...?

and one more thing..
two diodes labelled bzx79-c3v3 connect the d+ and d- to ground. can they be replaced with 3.6v zener diodes ?

Another thing, what's this thing..see pic attached.
Never seen before, do i even need it ? :3

Thank you.!

njj.png

anyone please..? :~

It's a ten micro Henry inductor.
Bit of a short bump period.

is it needed ?
and the diodes and buttons ?

please help :frowning:

amansammy:
Now, in the schematic, how do i find the controller keys and the action keys ???

so, what would be the final button schematics as i want to use just 10...?

The 'keys' are the switches labeled S1-S24. The labeling on the matrix of switches is not doing you any favors by not labeling which is COL0, ROW0, etc. I'll presume that the COL0 line is the one that has S1, S5, S9, and so on. ROW0 perhaps is the line that has S1, S2, S3, S4. So what this is telling you is to wire S1 across PD4 and PB0. Wire S2 across PD5 and PB0, and so on. If you only have 10 switches, just pick 10 positions from the S1-S24 grid and populate those.

thankyou..! and what about the diodes labelled bzx79-c3v3 ? are they zener diodes ?

amansammy:
what about the diodes labelled bzx79-c3v3 ? are they zener diodes ?

No idea. Bing seems to know, though: bzx79-c3v3 - Search

then i'll use the 3.3v zener diodes i have...
and any idea what values r1, r2, c4, c5 could have as they are not given in the schematics.
and i am using the atmega8 8pi for this. does it have any internal crystal oscillator ?

please any1 ?

c4 and c5 will be around 15 to 22pF - check the crystal specs.
R1, R2? Dunno, a couple of K?

R1 and R2 are documented. 82 Ohms.

That project is based on this one:

is the 10u Henry inductor needed or should i connect the avcc and aref to vcc ? sorry for replying late.

please help anyone...got to design the pcb..:frowning:

nvm...:frowning:
can anyone just tell me how i can translate the code given in hex on raijuu website to c++ language as what the arduino understands ?
please please help...

It would be quicker to start from scratch, rather than dissassemble a hex file.

no idea how am gonna do this. the code looks hard. Don't even know how i can make a device usb with arduino. Help please..thanks.

You know, sometimes we just have to face it that a project may be beyond our current skill level, and work to bring that up first. Speaking for myself I can say that I've done things in the last couple months that were inconceivable a year ago.

can anyone just tell me how i can translate the code given in hex on raijuu website to c++ language as what the arduino understands ?

No. It is not possible to convert hex code back to C++. Compiling is a one way process.

so can just anyone provide me the code if they know..too much of asking i know..but please bear with me... :.