How to wire my home automation in building

God I've done everything I wanted on the bread board and now I don't know how to connect it all to the bulding I don't want to see the wires all over the house I want my wires to be in the walls like the house wiring but how to add my wires to the house wires I don't know plz a YouTube video a picture an instruction an idea anything would be great

Wireless?

Cable ducts are a great way to hide cables.

@PaulRB
Wireless how? Can I add an esp8266 to every relay for each lamp and fan and other things and give them separate power supply that would cost a million and the risk of the parts being wrecked is much more than when it's in just one piece did you mean what I got or you mean there is another kind of wireless system for this reason Tnx for the reply.
@wvmarle
Tnx but I'm looking for a better way what's the difference then I get cable ducts all over the house instead of wire that's not good still what else do you suggest me Tnx for the reply dude

Cable ducts look a lot better than a bundle of cables. Lead them along corners and the edges of the ceiling and so and they're just about invisible.

Short of starting to chisel out trenches there's simply no way of getting cables into an existing wall, not even through existing ducts as they'll have bends making it impossible to pull a cable through.

You mean even the electrician can't do that and all I can do is ducts so everybody does that?I mean all of other people making home automation systems use the ducts because I'm going to sell my home automation and install it for other people too so if everybody does that thats OK but if they don't I'm in trouble right?people don't like these all over thier houses do they you say it's invisible kinda so thats good but I don't know do you think that would make a problem for me or they'll agree with it to have ducts everywhere and tell me if everybody else does it as well all I want to do is to satisfy the clients and not make them come and request refund and Tnx for the help of you you're so kind you could be my friend.

All "normal" home automation systems are wireless. Some send "radio" signals through the air and the [u]X-10 system[/u] (or X-10 compatible systems) send an RF signal through the AC power line.

There are some tricky engineering & construction challenges involved in building something like a [u]remote dimmer switch[/u], and even if you can build one I doubt you can build one as cheaply as you can buy it. So... I recommend buying your switches & outlets, etc., and then if you really want to build something build a compatible controller.

God I've done everything I wanted on the bread board and now I don't know how to connect it all to the bulding I don't want to see the wires all over the house

Before you try to "re-invent the mousetrap" it's always best to find out what's been done in the past... How is it currently done, what works and what doesn't work...

You could try using these amazing but tiny and very inexpensive components. I put one at the end of that last sentence. They are called full stops. They will prevent people like me passing out from lack of oxygen before reaching the end of your sentences!

Trying to develop a product to sell (which you only now reveal) is something very different than doing it just for yourself (which I assumed it would be). I've installed quite a few of such ducts in my own home and previously in my office to get rid of serious cable clutter, and installed properly they're rather inconspicuous.
Installing it into other people's homes, that's of course a whole different matter. Then you also have to start worrying about things like safety and long term reliability to a much much greater extent than when you do a hobby project.
With all the home automation systems out there, I agree, buy off the shelf parts. Make it your business to advice people on the options and install it, that's a much easier way to actually make money off of it unless you have a big pile of money and a good number of engineers on hand to help you to develop it (and the fact you're on this forum probably means you don't).

First I got to mention I'm living in a country which 90 percent of the people don't know anything home automation nobody has such a thing in their houses here.
@DVDdoug
Wow!they're pretty expensive comparing to the wire system my country people won't pay an amount of money for that I guess they're OK with the wires when they hear the price.Any other way to connect my arduino wires to the ac power?I don't think so if there is you tell me.tnx.

@PaulRB
FUNNY :smiley: Sorry I don't belive in punctuation a lot I'm working on it.Until then please use a capsule of oxygen for your own safety.

@wvmarle
Well I don't have those engineers around me and selling the parts and advice on install that's truly without any trouble and that's so safe for me but doesn't give me the money I want lately I got that I need an operation surgery and the idea I come up with was the home automation system.As I mentioned people here don't have such a thing in their houses I live in a third world country in the Asia.So I'm just planning on it to sell 15 home automation systems and then I can do my surgery otherwise I'll die possibly :confused: so that's why I'm here and asking the best ideas yes safety and the life time of the system is a matter but the arduino works on the adapter giving it just 9 volts meaning using the new wires no problem no spark no fire no dangerous and all people say that arduinos work to 10 years without any problem to clarify the doubt I will give them 3 months of free guarante and 1 year of warranty so they would agree also I will relate to them that wireless system costs 5 times more than the wire system so they will agree on it on their own choice and if I get beautiful ducts why wouldn't they disagree!

My home automation system has the things that nobody has here in their houses like the fire sensor or the movement sensor for the times you're not home for the thives and controlling the lights automatically when ppl enter in the rooms and other things none of these are anything familiar with our people they use some of them in the offices but in houses there's no such a thing and offering them all these + some other thing would cost them with your money 500 dollars a little more or less what do you think?I really need the money I don't want to die I'm still too young :\ my last chance is to do this project.i need some suggestions from you pros please help me more with this Tnx.

Look at this cornice I didn't know such a thing exists separate from the walls:
http://www.picturehanging.com/images/Clip-rail_Basic_Cornice.jpg
What's the difference between this beautiful cornice and the ducts are these a lot more expensive?

For fire alarm: smoke detectors are the way to go. They actually don't cost that much. Completely independent from power supplies (so at least they work when fire takes out the power).

Motion alarm: again lots of commercial solutions are available, with lights built in. It's going to be really hard to do that cheaper. An addition you could do is have them send an SMS or e-mail notification that they have been triggered. Not sure if that can be done easily with smoke alarms.

Arduinos themselves operates indeed at low voltage, but the ceiling fans you want to switch do not, and that's where the potential problems arise. There are lots of ways to switch mains with an Arduino, such as relays, solid state relays and triacs, but those must be installed properly. An error here may result in mains power in your Arduino.

Relays are the safest, best isolated way to do this, but also provide the least control (just on and off). Triacs provide the lowest level of isolation but allow for dimming of lights (most LEDs and CFLs not, though). SSRs are the worst of both worlds for this application.

Something you could do: make a home look occupied when the owners are out, by switching on the lights when it gets dark in the living room, at random times a few minutes in the bathroom, maybe after dinner time in the study. Maybe even switch on the TV. That makes a house look a lot less attractive to potential burglars.

Wow that last idea was kind of genius yes the relays are what I've chosen I don't know the difference between solid relay and the other relay thing?but I didn't know the current could've been floated to the arduino!! How? I thought they relay has an internal motor that uses that to connect or disconnect the key and that's sperated from the board and the arduino 5 volt wires did you mean like a kind of problem in wiring cause the arduino and the ac wires connect together and cause an fire or explosiding the board?or any other thing I didn't get.

About dimming the lights it might seem so crazy but believe it or not we just have switches here that has on and off and there's no dimming control I'm not even sure the lamps support dim I believe that they don't!

About the thiefs and the the fire I was more thinking about a loud siren hearing by the neighbor would be enough but if I get enough pins left using a sim card and a call to the owner's phone would be a great idea as you mentioned.

Do you think that the long wires would cause me any problems what about your house system you said you have it and you had it on your office does it make any problem or that's OK the long wire that goes everywhere in the house from a single arduino mega!

Your ideas are bright and shinny and I really loved them Tnx and keep helping me kinda got hopeful to life maybe I can make the surgery before it's too late now :slight_smile:

A traditional relay indeed provides great isolation (provided it's wired properly of course) but the drawback is the clicking noise and it's a mechanical thing so it has a limit to number of times it can switch (in the hundreds of thousands or millions of times, but it's a limit nonetheless). There are relay modules available for Arduino, I have even seen power sockets with relay built in - just connect the Arduino's control lines, and plug in whatever you need switched.

When using very long wires (over 10 meters) even for simple on/off signals the resistance of that wire may become an issue, especially with thin wires.

What's the clicking noise A limit to the number of times it switches? You mean after some time the relay stops working?Or did you mean it may take the ac to the wire line of arduino?

So I use thicker wires as far as I can and what else can I do to amplify the current and voltage?it's not just the relays I also need to get temperature sensors readings and the servo motor for watering purposes also but for some of them it's possible to give them external power supply by the adapters but still finding a better way to enhance the current and voltage is the first priority.its the house so it's much more than 10 meters wire how much did you use on your house and how much did It effect the performance?

I came up with an idea I shouldn't use the boards output 5 voltage to the servo motor and anything needs to be powered up by the arduino instead I can use an adapter to convert 220 to the voltage more than 5 and a lot more current then send that to the wires and try to involve arduino as less possible I don't if that's possible but use that to connect the other side of each of the components to the ground instead of giving them 5 v from the board giving them connection to the ground what do you think is it possible maybe a resistor or something could help.

Kmthring:
@PaulRB
FUNNY :smiley: Sorry I don't belive in punctuation a lot I'm working on it.

No it isn't. I think we should wait until you have come round to some sense in this matter, and achieved some progress. Imposing your wilful ignorance on others is actually insulting.

It's not ignorance, and I didn't want to insult anybody, it's just hard for me to do that while I'm using a virtual Keyboard.

I don't if that's possible but use that to connect the other side of each of the components to the ground instead of giving them 5 v from the board giving them connection to the ground what do you think is it possible maybe a resistor or something could help.

It is possible that a resistor might help and capacitors are always very helpful.

Well,thanks for the reply.Do you think there still will be any problem with the length of the wire, for the ground that connects to arduino?