Go Down

Topic: New phone (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Boardburner2

Having had a NEW windows 10 phone 2 years back i decided to get  a free upgrade to an galaxy android which i had and liked before.

I have registered for android , google and facebook as well as the cloud i think.

DOES  ANYONE KNOW HOW TO MANE  PHONE CALL WITH SUCH DEVICE PLEASE .

HOW DO I GET DIALTONE ?

I DO NOT WANT TO HASHTAG OR UNFRIEND SOMEONE  PARTICULLARLY.

HOW DO I GE T THE SPEAKING CLOCK OR OPERATOR. 

Boardburner2

Jan 19, 2017, 11:46 pm Last Edit: Jan 20, 2017, 12:27 am by Boardburner2
iI will post a pic when it comes back from the shops , with the free otters if that helps..

EDIT

It has successfully paired with the fridge, and currently chatting up the toaster.

Only emergency calls allowed which seem to be directed to microsoft emergency helpline recorded message.

travis_farmer

iI will post a pic when it comes back from the shops , with the free otters if that helps..

EDIT

It has successfully paired with the fridge, and currently chatting up the toaster.

Only emergency calls allowed which seem to be directed to microsoft emergency helpline recorded message.
ROFLMAO :D :D :D :D

and that's why i have just a flip phone :D i can place and take calls easily, and without butt-dialing.

~Travis
"A problem clearly stated, is a problem half solved" - Fortune Cookie.
Server Rack monitor: in use, so far it works.
DCC++ Train layout: On hold, pending space

Coding Badly

Qdeathstar

neato. let's connect our personal toys later.

Boardburner2

Jan 20, 2017, 09:20 pm Last Edit: Jan 20, 2017, 09:35 pm by Boardburner2
This toaster?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRq_SAuQDec

Mine does not talk , i think it is an earlier version.
It just rings me up and tells me it's hot, i think it's the toaster anyway. :)

neato. let's connect our personal toys later.
Scary, it might set the black mamba to the Heroic setting.  :)

3 days now and i still cannot make a call >:(

This one has me puzzled.

http://www.yankodesign.com/2007/09/06/honey-i-left-it-on-the-toast/

travis_farmer

"A problem clearly stated, is a problem half solved" - Fortune Cookie.
Server Rack monitor: in use, so far it works.
DCC++ Train layout: On hold, pending space

dally

Having had a NEW windows 10 phone
you get karma punished :D
FSK.

ChrisTenone

Jan 23, 2017, 10:46 am Last Edit: Jan 23, 2017, 11:30 am by ChrisTenone Reason: ... c'mon - it's a big post!
Having had a NEW windows 10 phone 2 years back i decided to get  a free upgrade to an galaxy android which i had and liked before.

DOES  ANYONE KNOW HOW TO MANE  PHONE CALL WITH SUCH DEVICE PLEASE . ...
Step 1: Take your Galaxy back and get an iPhone.
 (Android phones may work just like this. I don't know. Why would I?)

Step 2: Quickly press and release the icon that looks like a phone, on the screen of your phone (this is called "clicking.") Some other icons appear when you do it successfully.

Step 3: Click the icon that looks similar to a button pad of a push-button phone. Once you do this, a graphic representation of a button pad appears.

Step 4: By clicking the buttons on the pad, "dial" the number you want to call. When the call goes through, and the screen changes color scheme. You may hear some noises.

Step 5: Click the icon that looks like a speaker in cross section. This makes the sound loud. You should now hear ringing.

Step 6: When your party answers, just talk as if they were on the phone with you (they ARE!)

Step 7: Once you are done, say "Good bye." and click the red button near the bottom of your phone's screen.

That's all!

HOW DO I GET DIALTONE ? ...
You probably won't. The dial tone was an artifact of the analog telephone system. Just follow the above sequence (making the appropriate adjustments for your phone's operating system) and it will work.

I DO NOT WANT TO HASHTAG OR UNFRIEND SOMEONE  PARTICULLARLY. ...
Delete the "apps" Facebook and Twitter (and instagram, snapchat, whatsap, yelp, etc.) They aren't needed.

Smartphone apps I like are Scanner Pro, Dropbox, the camera app of course, my bank's app, the New York Times (or other news source of your choice. Breitbart for all I care), my pharmacy's app, the texting app, my personal email app as well as my work email app, a calendar and an emulator for my favorite calculator (the HP48GX.)

HOW DO I GE T THE SPEAKING CLOCK OR OPERATOR. ...
How old ARE you!?!

Remember back in grade school, when they taught us phone use AND etiquette, they gave us a plastic stylus with a ball at the end, made to use with a phone dial? Efficient, sanitary, and in the right hands, oh so sexy. ... I miss the 1960s!

The clock is on the internet (oh right - your phone has a web browser app.)  The operator Lilly Tomlin is on the Netflix series Frankie and Gracie. I have the Netflix app on my phone too.
Wubba lubba dub dub!

Boardburner2

Jan 23, 2017, 04:22 pm Last Edit: Jan 23, 2017, 04:26 pm by Boardburner2
How old ARE you!?!

Apparently i have to phone the provider , to regieter it.
So i went looking for a payphone......

Coding Badly

So i went looking for a payphone......
Now only available in alternate reality fiction...

Boardburner2

Step 1: Take your Galaxy back and get an iPhone.

I wish. :)
Extra cost option.

you get karma punished :D
I thoroughly deserve it. :)
 It was awful.

TomGeorge

Hi,

Can you get an app that puts a proper rotary dailer on the screen, instead of a "keepaddd"

[soapbox]
Non Iphone, galaxy what ever user, long live my Nokia C5

I'd say I've had it 5 years, battery still good, takes pictures, recharges quick (2 hours), tells me who is calling, fits in top pocket, hands free sounds better than some of the latest examples, gets better reception than most "smaarrtt fones"
Also who is gunna mug you for a 3G phone?

My boss has been through 3 "smarrrt fones" in three years and he has lost count of how many screens that have cracked.

I drop my phone, pick it up and dust it off, I know its useable.

He drops his "smarty", picks it up, curses, checks to see if phone might be useable.

I know why they are so often dropped, you can't get a good grip on a smarty phone, they are too wide.
You want a big screen, get your self a TV/laptop.
[/soapbox]

Can someone tell me how a smarttyyy fone will improve my life?

Tom... :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

Boardburner2

Can someone tell me how a smarttyyy fone will improve my life?

Tom... :)
Exactly.
This one is going back for something simpler

AWOL

Nokia E72.
A gem.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy