Go Down

Topic: Arduino and Money (Read 3483 times) previous topic - next topic

pedram

Hi,
Is there any way to earn money via Arduino?

Delta_G

Mar 05, 2017, 06:14 pm Last Edit: Mar 05, 2017, 06:14 pm by Delta_G
Step 1.  Collect underpants
Step 2.  ? ? ?
Step 3.  Profit
If at first you don't succeed, up - home - sudo - enter.

jremington

Buy a bunch of Arduinos at a low price and sell them at a higher price.

Robin2

Aren't the Arduino folks already doing that ?

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Delta_G

Aren't the Arduino folks already doing that ?

...R
OK, Buy a bunch of Arduinos at a low low price and sell them at a much higher price that is slightly lower than the price that others are selling them at. 
If at first you don't succeed, up - home - sudo - enter.

ballscrewbob

Find a niche Arduino application such as the infamous Arduino Weather Maker.

Epoxy it into a box and sell it to the highest bidding evil genius / government / deity.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

Qdeathstar

I don't think the arduino has enough processing power to control a printer, so i'm not sure it could make bills. However, i'm sure you could use it to drive a motor that could be used to press coins. Be careful though, making money with an arduino might be illegal.

Qdeathstar

Quote from: Delta G
OK, Buy steal a bunch of Arduinos at a low low pricefor free and sell them at a much higher price that is slightly lower than the price that others are selling them at.

Robin2

Mar 06, 2017, 10:02 am Last Edit: Mar 06, 2017, 10:04 am by Robin2
OK, Buy steal a bunch of Arduinos at a low low pricefor free and sell them at a much higher price that is slightly lower than the price that others are selling them at.
That sounds very like an incitement to commit a crime.

I would like to formally dissociate myself very clearly from this.

And stealing is completely contrary to the generosity of spirit that is the hallmark of Open Source software and hardware.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

msssltd

I guess you could use an Arduino to mine for bitcoin.......very slllooooowwwwwllllllly

Qdeathstar

@Robin2

Here are the 12 flights of stairs, pushed into position, so you may embark from your horse.

Boardburner2

Mar 06, 2017, 03:45 pm Last Edit: Mar 06, 2017, 03:47 pm by Boardburner2
I thought the whole point of arduino was to waste/spend lots of money.

EDIT

And time.

Robin2

Here are the 12 flights of stairs, pushed into position, so you may embark from your horse.
The usual mounting block with 2 steps will be sufficient :)

...R

pert

I'd look at what the people who are consistently making money off "makers" are doing right. SparkFun and Adafruit for example. Unless you live in China you're probably not going to be able to win on price alone but there are a lot of customers who are willing to pay extra for a more gentle learning curve. The extra effort of providing proper documentation, example code, libraries, schematics, etc. can pay back many times over in increased sales and reduced number of support requests and returns. There are companies trying to cash in on the Arduino market who clearly have almost no experience with Arduino and it really makes me mad when I see people getting ripped off buying their products and going through a lot of frustration. It makes sense if you buy a board on eBay for $2 w/ free shipping that you're on your own but when you pay $45 for some pretty minimal hardware that should include proper support.

westfw

There seem to be lots of people taking classes that will pay you to do their homework for them...

You could offer classes.   You could consult.   You could build a bigger better gadget that happens to include an Arduino.   these are fancy ways of "buy low, sell high" - "nominal fee for the class, plus you'll need your own Arduino, and I can sell you one of these $5 Nano clones PLUS a USB cable for $15; much cheaper than <real Arduino.>"

You could dress in a bikini and do video tutorials about Arduino, and collect advertising dollars from Youtube.

You'll note that some of these require a good deal of expertise, and/or ... other attributes.

Go Up