Go Down

Topic: Most misused word on the forum (Read 980 times) previous topic - next topic

Delta_G

Mar 15, 2017, 01:01 am Last Edit: Mar 15, 2017, 01:02 am by Delta_G
Implement.  I see that one go a bunch of different ways. 
If at first you don't succeed, up - home - sudo - enter.

ballscrewbob

Some of the words depend on which side of the pond you came from too.
Whats with "zeds" and "zeese"... I like zeeze shoes...I also like zeese arduino things"  :)

Know some posters are trying really hard to put things across in English but I still on occasion chuckle to my self.

Even as a native born "English" person I still drop words that don't always translate well.
More so if the convo is pretty free flowing.
Had to explain to one of the DEV's what "pooched" was and another phrase I wont mention.

It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

birddog

Do you mean misuse of the word, or choice in quality standards?

Qdeathstar

ChrisTenone

Some of the words depend on which side of the pond you came from too.
Whats with "zeds" and "zeese"... I like zeeze shoes...I also like zeese arduino things"  :)

Know some posters are trying really hard to put things across in English but I still on occasion chuckle to my self.

Even as a native born "English" person I still drop words that don't always translate well.
More so if the convo is pretty free flowing.
Had to explain to one of the DEV's what "pooched" was and another phrase I wont mention.
'Convo'? As in "convolve the pooch"?
Wubba lubba dub dub!

Robin2

Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

travis_farmer

any synonym of "urgent", in reference to "help needed"

~Travis
Currently trying to rebuild a 48" X 48" X 5" (working area) CNC Router.

ballscrewbob

@ Travis...That is SO misused around here.

Usually followed by a phrase about homework or other educational project.

@ Chris

"convo" = conversation...See how easy it is for me to lapse

@ R2

"Simple" often defined as 2-3 pages of back and forth to get to the truth of a situation and provide a quick answer at the end.
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that you gave nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

travis_farmer

@ Travis...That is SO misused around here.
:D

out of curiosity, would the magic 8-ball in your sig line be a reference to the one in the Arduino sample code? (surprised i remembered it was there)

~Travis

ballscrewbob

LOL no .... Been in tech a looong time...Used to prefer RTFM or a few other variations but doesn't seem quite right in here seeing as there is no manual as such.

Also liked "I'm good but I ain't GOD so no it cannot be fixed"

"Wife thinks I have magic fingers but that's different to the fix you need"

"Anything can be fixed how much money do you have...I may take your first born as down payment"

travis_farmer

LOL, RTFM, that one goes back a ways.

and yes, there is a manual, of sorts. ;)

~Travis

Robin2

"Anything can be fixed how much money do you have...I may take your first born as down payment"
That might be a risky suggestion. Sensible parents would offer you the whole flock :)

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

birddog

"Wife thinks I have magic fingers but that's different to the fix you need"

What exactly are YOU trying to "implement" here?   :)

Delta_G

I think Travis and Ballscrewbob should implement some different avatars.  At first glance I didn't really focus on them and it looked like Travis was talking to himself.  How my brain mixed up a submarine and a motorcycle is beyond me, I guess I just saw yellow and moved on. 
If at first you don't succeed, up - home - sudo - enter.

ballscrewbob

Hmmm one of em has wheels and doesn't float too well the other only sinks if you tell it to ! ;)

Go Up