Go Down

Topic: Blackberry Joystick / Navigation Key Hack (Read 18547 times) previous topic - next topic

interestingfellow

I have fantasized about a very small low power bluetooth mouse wedding band style ring with one of these sensors as the trackpad.

Someone, please tell me there is an idiot's guide on how to make this thing work?

Obviously, I just have to buckle down, try to build it, and learn along the way.

But if someone else knows of a previously built project that will help me learn, that would be great!

Thank you all, for everything here!

edfrench

Many thanks duende_azul for posting this stuff. Looks great.
Those connectors are really tiny to use by hand- any tips?
Thanks

nikitoz236

Aug 03, 2017, 04:09 pm Last Edit: Aug 03, 2017, 04:18 pm by nikitoz236
Ok. I have pinout for 9800 trackpad. It have i2c interface. Who now how to read data? i will trying.

ovsokolov

Is it legal ti use the this trackpad in own projects/devices

edfrench

@ovsokolov

This is not legal advice, I'm not qualified and the exact circumstances are going to depend where you are.

However, I think I'd be happy personally to make something with this (if I felt I could make those tiny connections!). After all, even IF you didn't have an implicit licence in the purchased part to use its IP, the "damages" done to whoever owns that IP from your use in a homebrew project would be minimal. They'd have to show that somehow they lost revenue because you made this yourself!

Go Up