Receive Video through the USB and transmit it via bluetooth

Hi All,

Im using Arduino Duemilanove with the ATmega328.

Will it be possible to receive a video signal through the USB and transmit it to a third party using bluetooth?
is there any library that can help with that?

thanks!

I very much doubt it, given the limited resources of the chip.

can you please elaborate?

any other arduino board that can do it?

can you please elaborate?

There is not a hope in hell of doing this.
The processor is not fast enough and you do not have enough memory and bluetooth is not fast enough either. Apart from that it is a great idea.

any other arduino board that can do it?

The only other candidate is the Due but this is cutting edge and I suspect it is beyond you to invent your own system.

SuperveS:
Will it be possible to receive a video signal through the USB and transmit it to a third party using bluetooth?
is there any library that can help with that?

Bluetooth adapters with USB interfaces exist. Have you looked into the possibility of using an existing commercial product for whatever it is you're trying to do?

If you are trying to do this hobbyist style your best option is likely the Raspberry Pi (Not an Arduino). Its a full microcomputer that can run Linux. It has USB ports that could host a USB camera (provided you can find drivers) and it has ways to send video out. As mentioned you won't get video over Bluetooth, but you could send it over WiFi. There are other options, but this is by far the one with the best community support.

If you just want wireless video you might look into FPV gear sold by HobbyKing or similar sites. They have a lot of reasonably priced 2.4 and 5.4 GHz transmitters and receivers that let you send and receive video in real time. I didn't see any that supported USB cameras, but that doesn't mean there aren't any out there.