How to get the JY-MCU bt board to work

orangeLearner:
The JY-MCU module will only accept AT commands while not paired via Bluetooth, which means you have to send commands over the RX and TX pins of the module.

1. Use this code to create two serial ports on your Arduino and connect the JY-MCU RX to pin 3 and TX to pin 2. http://arduino.cc/hu/Reference/SoftwareSerial

You have to change the line that says mySerial.begin(4800); to mySerial.begin(38400);because the JY-MCU defaults to this baud rate. Open your Arduino serial monitor and set it to 57600. You should see "Goodnight moon!"

1. You should now be able to send "AT" and it should reply "OK". You can also pair with your computer bluetooth or phone bluetooth and anything you type in the serial monitor should now show up on your computer bluetooth or phone, but AT commands will not work while bluetooth is paired. If you get strange characters instead of "Goodnight moon!", your baud rate is not set correctly.

2. To change the baud rate, refer to this webpage: Byron's Blog: One board... several firmwares

In this case you want to send the command "AT+BAUD8", which should give a reply "OK115200". If it does not reply like that then you did not change anything.

Good luck.

I tried that, and i did get the "Goodnight moon!". But when i send "AT" nothing happens, it dosn't work with any at command.