Go Down

Topic: ESP8266 not connecting to android mobile :( (Read 405 times) previous topic - next topic

siddharthbhadauria

I'm trying to make a remote control app for my project and I want to use esp8266 as the wifi module to communicate between the arduino and the android mobile.
I made all the connections, module was working okay, AT command in serial monitor gave OK and the hotspot was visible on my mobile as well.
BUT, after I connected to that hotspot, I opened up telnet client(TCP Client as well later) app on my phone, tried connecting to the IP and port it had, the connection kept faliing and I don't know what to do !
Please help, am I doing something wrong? or is there some better other way to have my android phone as remote(NOT BLUETOOTH, because Range is low for bluetooth) !
 :smiley-confuse:  :smiley-confuse:

Juraj

how is the esp8266 powered? has it at least 300 mA available?
You can't write an Arduino sketch if you didn't learn programming. Not the language, but the concepts of programming - algorithms and data types.

siddharthbhadauria

Powered using the 3.3v pin on my arduino uno R3. It's wifi stays connected on my phone but I can't connect to those IPs or have any other communication with the 8266 with my mobile.

Juraj

the 3.3 V pin on standard Uno is limited to 30 mA
You can't write an Arduino sketch if you didn't learn programming. Not the language, but the concepts of programming - algorithms and data types.

siddharthbhadauria

How am I supposed to deliver 300mAh to that module then? I'm using lip 3s 2200mAh battery for powering the motors :/

Juraj

use DC step down. the 5 V pin current is not so limited. It depends on Vin

Go Up