New to Muscle Wires and Arduino

Hey guys...thanks for all the help...yes, the diameter is 250 micrometers or 0.01". Was off by a factor of 10 there. Sorry about that. The resistance is 20 ohms/meter or 1/2 ohm per in. The rec current is 1 Amp and I am using about 16" of wire so internal resistance of my wire is about 21 ohms. At 5V from the Arduino, I am only passing through about 240mA so I dont think that is enought to move the wire. So I am going to try this tranistor or relay once I get some time this week. I did setup the wire outside of the Arduino and a 9V battery was plenty (it moved nicely). Which means it was approx double the juice or about 450mA or so. Funny that half wouldnt cause it to move at all? So I guess I am just looking for a nice picture of someone driving a 9V battery to turn on/off from an Arduino. I will try that video that was posted and see if I can substitute the head light for a the wire. Again, I am new to this and yes, I know it is frustrating for the experts :slight_smile: but like anything else, I have to start somewhere :). Thanks for being patient.