Documenting your project

Guys,
I've been using a Canon Poweshot to take pics of projects. Initially I connected a USB cable to transfer them into my PC, but the connection seemed slow and the interconnect software clumsy. So I bailed on that, and have just been pulling the SD card and moving it into my PC to grab the pictures from Explorer.
Yesterday, I found a new toy at Bestbuy - EyeFi.

Comes with a USB socket that looks like an SD card reader, and serves as the WiFi receiver; the SD card is a transmitter and goes into the camera.
Setup on WinVista was smooth. Now I take a picture, after 5-6 seconds I get a little indicator showing the picture as it is downloaded, and saved to my hard drive. Pretty neat!

I must admit I wouldn't have bought it normally, I had this $50 Reward Card that was expiring, and I was just going to get a 16 or 32GB SD card when I saw the package and figured I'd save some wear & tear on the SD card socket.

Guess I need to check picture size before I post too ...

nice tool, pretty picture!, I like al those 7 segments lying around :wink:

You should see the pile of ribbon cable for all the displays - like a massive mound of gray fettucini noodles!
I've got 8 shift registers multiplexed to control them all, one controlling the anodes, the rest controlling 56 common cathodes. Biggest issue to getting it working was typos in the code.

I must admit I wouldn't have bought it normally, I had this $50 Reward Card that was expiring,

In California they passed a law that gift cards sold in the state can never expire. That was quite a nice income stream for some companies as people would forget or misplace them or have very small balances on such cards. I use to almost hate receiving them as gifts but it's not so bad now.

Lefty

In MA, Gift Cards don't expire either. This was a Best Buy Rewards Zone card, received it in the mail after buying a TV, so it's apparently not considered a Gift Card.

CrossRoads, nice toy but you're old fashion! :wink:

I sometimes use my phone to document projects etc. (such as a full white board with my class notes) and I have dropbox app on my phone and all computers I use. Moments after I take a shot, the picture appears on every computer inside the dropbox folder, which looks like a regular folder. It's cloud computing :slight_smile: Well, for really important shots I use my Sony HX200V but only my wife's new laptop can read its SDXC card.

To each his own. I can this, my wife can, my son can ...