Project a solenoid

I need to project a solenoid. But i have some questions:

• How much need to be thick enamelled copper? How i can calculate the thickness necessary? (to not burn solenoid wire)
  • Will be good enamelled alluminium too?
    This if i suppose to power it with 10A, 2000turns.
    And:
  • How i can power the coil?(where i can find or build a generator to give me 10A costant current? I probably will use a PC supply to power solenoids.)
  • How i can build a generator(or multiple generators) to power multiple solenoids with this high current?
  • Where i can find or buy a good plunger, it need to be magnetic or metal(what type of metal)? With full core?
  • How much frame influence the magnetic flux? I need to connect it to ground or an end wire of the coil?
  • Permalloy is a good material to have a high speed(50-100hz) and high force(10N-40N)?

Thank you.

Calculating the resistance of the coil is the easy part - you need to take
the resistivity of copper and the packing density of windings into account.
resistance = resistivity * length / area.

The magnetic circuit is much harder to characterise, many different ferromagnetic
materials are available to form frame and plunger.

Generally the smaller the gap and the lower the reluctance of the magnetic circuit the
larger the mechanical force for a given MMF (magneto-motive force, measured in
ampere-turns).

Go and look up "soft" v. "hard" magnetic materials - you want soft for a solenoid,
with low remanence. Generally iron is the best cheap material, although mild steel
is more commonplace (but less soft in both senses).

Also metal choice and design differs for AC solenoids Vs DC solenoids. At work we could retro fit different coil voltages but not change from DC to AC coils without also changing the plunger assembly.

BTW 10A at 2000 turns sounds unlikely unless its pretty large.

So if i use iron it'll be good? It's a DC solenoid.
Pc power supply will be good to power 10A solenoid?

Also, how i can say that my solenoid is really 10 A?
R=V/I ? so i need to calculate how much wire lenght i need to do 2000 turns then use copper resistance to determinate which thin of wire provide me a resistance that with, exemple, 12v i have 10A? It's right?

So with with a high resistance i will never be able to provide 10A? Or not depend of this?

But if my considerations are wrong.
I've found this:

The advices i found say to use more thin wire to have more turns with less solenoid diameter, use less wire lenght, and also the same resistance with less wire.

I've used this calculator:
http://www.daycounter.com/Calculators/Magnets/Solenoid-Force-Calculator.phtml

The formula say N*I to have more force. More N mean more cost of wire and bigger solenoid.

If i use a 0.1mm wire it say me 10sec(7 A) 1sec(9 A) 32ms(52 A) so it will be good if i use it with 10A for less than 500ms?

I have a this problem, because i find solenoid theory, but not how ideally apply it to build a good solenoid.

Do you know the duty cycle (how long the solenoid is on compared to off)?

30-50 ms every 100ms

Then power dissipation is going to be crucial.

You mean heat dissipation?

Another question, how fast is current to fully power solenoid? 30-50ms or it's comprensive of stroke movement?

Yaro:
Another question, how fast is current to fully power solenoid? 30-50ms or it's comprensive of stroke movement?

It's a function of the induction value of the solenoid coil. Recall the old ELI the ICE man rule, (voltage E leads current I in an inductive reactive circuit, current I leads voltage E in a capacitance reactive circuit), so the higher the inductive value the 'slower' the coil is to respond. But this time probably pails in the 'speed' on having to move the mass of the plunger assembly.