Go Down

Topic: My Arduino not working (Read 821 times) previous topic - next topic

treedell

At first I was not good at Arduino I gave it about 12v by a modem power cable and watching it I thought of powering d13 led and gave 5v to its soldering but It didn't glow instead my RX TX lights began glow continuously then I did that again and it stopped glowing the next day I was uploading code the Arduino was recognised but not uploading please help the rx tx lights and didn't flash while uploading thanks in advance.

treedell

Power light is perfectly glowing

kenwood120s

please help
Not sure what help you're asking for, but have you tried the loopback test explained at the top of the forum?

[gumby]I've got my head stuck in the cupboard[/gumby]

treedell

treedell

treedell

Sorry it wasn't recognised

sterretje

If the Arduino is not recognized, you blew the 16U2 chip or that chip no longer gets enough power.

Use a volt meter to measure the voltage on the 5V pin.

If the Arduino is an Uno with a long narrow chip (Dual-In-Line version of the 328), you can remove that chip and try the loopback test again. Also fheck if the voltage is about 5V on the 5V pin. If that loopback fails again, buy a new Arduino; if it passes and the voltage is ok, buy a new 328 micro (with optiboot bootloader pre-loaded) and try again.
If you understand an example, use it.
If you don't understand an example, don't use it.

Electronics engineer by trade, software engineer by profession. Trying to get back into electronics after 15 years absence.

treedell

I don't want uno to be used. Can it atleast be used for programming another MCU .I mean like Atmega 32

Go Up